Summary of Role:
The Autumn BGC Group Internship programme offers post-graduates an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere of BGC Group and its affiliates. The programme will consist of technical and professional skills training, as well as rotations across the various entities of BGC Group. Interns will have the exposure to a variety of different asset classes, brands and customers.
In a rapidly changing business world, technology is revolutionising brokerage and adopting a hybrid broker model through its electronic trading offerings.
The Autumn BGC Group Internship will commence in late September for up to 9 weeks. We are looking for post-graduates who have completed all of their higher education studies and are looking for work experience within Financial Services.
The internship will provide the opportunity to complete the CISI Regulations exam and could lead to full-time position.
- Assist the team by monitoring, tracking and calculating prices.
- Support with the day-to-day operational functions of the desk (e.g., using excel to run reports).
- To develop an understanding of the financial markets, regulatory landscape and asset class relevant to the specific desk.
- To understand the importance of how electronic trading is transforming how to interact with clients to develop a more sustainable business.
- Exercise independent judgement and act with integrity, care, skill and due-diligence to avoid conflicts of interest and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Post-graduates with a passion in finance and technology.
- Self motivated and charismatic individuals who display resilience, initiative, and drive.
- Open to the prospect of developing skills in data and technology.
- The ability to excel in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate a forward-thinking mindset.
- Aptitude to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To all recruitment agencies: BGC & affiliates do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees or any other company location. BGC & affiliates are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please contact the Recruitment function for additional details.