Bloomberg ignites the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a sophisticated world. A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing superb customer service in a fast-paced environment. Exciting. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull. We are a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
What’s The Role?
Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support team, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
As a Bloomberg Customer Support professional, you have two critical focus areas: to provide superb customer service to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues.
You will be responsible for the installation, connection, hardware management and workflow support of terminal clients over the phone and via Bloomberg Instant Messaging. The position includes assisting fast-paced clients operating in Capital Markets, Asset Management and Financial Services by installing the Bloomberg software and configuring proprietary hardware, such as keyboards and biometrics. Moreover, as automation continues to grow in the industry, we are adapting to understand our clients’ technological needs. We tackle our clients’ software issues, and we understand how it relates to their workflows and asset-class needs. Working with critical information and highly sophisticated tools, we ensure the security of our clients’ accounts and data.
Secondly, you will connect with our clients, including CEOs and executive managers with access to proprietary data and information. We set-up, train, and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will work as part of our 500 strong distributed team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages.
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose, understand what vitality means to a trader, are curious and take pride in being customer service driven. You love being part of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible.
What's in it for you?
We provide all new hires an 8-week long training program, which covers aspects such as an introduction to Bloomberg products and services, our clients, a broader insight into global financial markets, general daily inquiries, product setup and hardware, and troubleshooting.
You'll never stop learning...we'll invest in your career, and coupled with our unrivaled approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities in this role through project involvements. Our Bloomberg Technology Client Services specialists have the opportunity to be involved in mentoring, recruiting, quality control and idea generation.
You will have the opportunity to champion your career across the company or further develop your technical skills within the Technology Services and Solutions Business. Our alumni have a diversity of successful career paths to: Analytics & Sales, Enterprise Technology Services, Global Data, Compliance, Finance, Engineering as well as Advanced IT roles and Client Financial Services.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to start our May 23rd 2022 start date
- Fluency in Spanish, French, German, Italian (written and verbal)
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to clients through live, interactive media (e.g. phone, messaging, etc.)
- A demonstrated interest in Finance and / or Technology
- Desire to develop skills and experience in customer service in a fast-moving FinTech environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to retain information
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- An interest in progressing a career within Bloomberg
We’d love to see:
- Work experience in a client/customer facing role
- Curiosity to identify, research, and resolve customer technology, software and hardware issues
- Awareness of data management, privacy and information security
- Aptitude to work within highly connected and software-based systems
You'll need to be able to:
- Start full time role on May 23rd 2022
- Occasionally work weekends or on a bank holiday (weekday off in lieu)
We are committed to hiring the best and brightest talent at Bloomberg and we do provide visa sponsorship for this role. However, each case is reviewed on an individual basis .