Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 10 weeks
Start Dates: Monday 4th July 2022
Application Deadlines: End of May 2022 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,500 pro rata
As a pioneer in Digital, L’Oréal is the place to learn how it’s really done! As digital becomes ever more important in all aspects of life, the skills you learn on this placement will be a valuable asset in the modern job market.
We have multiple Digital/Digital Marketing Summer Internship roles which sit across lots of our brands/teams. Once you have been recruited, we use the feedback from your Assessment Centre to match you up to a role where you will thrive the most! This could be roles which are more social media focused, roles focused on E-Merchandising or even technical digital roles focusing on SEO. Please be prepared to be open-minded with the role that we select for you and trust we will find you the perfect role for you!
As a Digital Intern you will use your skills to help market our products and engage our audience. You’ll be writing content for social media and email, as well as managing creative campaigns to interact with our users and optimize our website for our consumer use. There’s no guaranteed formula for success - you’ll be trialling campaigns and assessing results to help guide our long-term vision.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Assisting your team in the management of brand website updates – Banners, content, brand hubs, and catalogue
- Working with website analytics and reporting on trend, social analytics and competitor analysis
- Managing stakeholders both internally and externally
- Collating and presenting monthly performance, including recommendations on improvements and testing
- Managing Social media campaigns, moderation and social listening
- Implementing SEO best practice
- Working with sales and marketing team on brand eCommerce and eRetailer catalogue update
- Assist in the development of eRetail brand shops and campaigns
- Working with media agencies to support the delivery of marketing digital campaigns, including supplying of assets, links and reporting
- Regularly generating, analysing, interpreting and communicating traffic against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- High attention to detail with a data-driven mind set
- Enjoy using and implementing statistics to solve problems and suggest improvements
- Creative, with an eye for web site design & usability
- Demonstrate an ability to manage projects, focus on achieving objectives, adjust priorities, manage time and follow up on actions
- A media/digital enthusiast who currently has their own active social profile on multiple platforms as well as a demonstrable interest in social media new and developments would be preferable
- Eligible to work in the UK
- An undergrad (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.