Edinburgh and Lothian + 1
Travel. It’s one of life’s simple pleasures. But, ooof, planning it can feel like hard work. For the last 18 years we’ve been on a mission to empower every traveller with innovative tools, insights and experiences that help people get to where they’re going, so they can spend more time out exploring the world, and less time anxiously bouncing around 25 browser tabs and endless spreadsheets. Our traveller-first approach drives everything we do and it’s never been more important than it is today.
When we launched as a flight comparison site back in 2003, we changed the game by helping travellers feel smart, like they were in on a secret, that promise hasn’t changed. And today, while we’re a world leader in travel, with millions of people using our products every single day we know there’s so much more we can be doing.
Being part of Skyscanner means joining a team hell bent on building the world’s most innovative, and helpful travel experiences possible. We’re hugely ambitious and believe we have the chance to genuinely challenge and disrupt the industry.
Innovative. Brave. Straightforward. At Skyscanner, we like to keep things simple. Working here involves collaboration, ownership and bags of innovation. We’re not afraid to admit that it’s different from the norm. But if you’re our kind of Graduate, you’ll feel right at home.
We have lots of experience nurturing fresh talent at Skyscanner and some of our senior leaders started in Early Careers when they first joined years ago. We want to do everything possible to help you develop on a personal and professional level.
We are looking for Graduates who have a passion for innovation and eagerness to learn new technologies. We operate small empowered squads who use industry leading technologies and work in sprints to deliver value. Our engineers are constantly innovating and thrive on new challenges, while you'll have opportunities to gain experience and exposure to different technologies through regular rotations to different squads.
Whether you want to build and improve the engine that powers Skyscanner across all platforms, focus on providing the best user interface on all devices, create innovative technologies to support our growth, or even all of the above, we want to hear from you.
We work with a concise technology stack. Our backend focused squads use Java, REST, gRPC, Dropwizard, TestContainers, Gatling and a variety of data stores including DynamoDB and RDBMs.
We work with Petebyte scale data sets using PySpark, Python, Airflow and Databricks for analysis and ML.
Our mobile stack includes Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C, Java, SwiftUI, Jetpack Compose.
We are 100% in AWS and use Kubernetes with Istio for hosting 100’s of services across multiple regions.
What you can expect as a Graduate:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- A place to look at things differently, to challenge and offer solutions
- An opportunity to learn, master and develop your craft in a community of experienced engineering mentors
- A data-centric culture, with a strong focus on experimentation
- Your role combines learning on the job with a bespoke programme of technical and personal skills development
What are we looking for:
- A good strong technical foundation with the potential to achieve technical excellence
- Passion and curiosity for the technology industry which extends beyond your academic studies
- Commitment to developing your technical and personal skills
- Ability to collaborate both in your squad and across the business
- A fresh perspective and willingness to share ideas and do things differently
- You must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Want to join us? Please submit your CV and cover letter below.
Ideally you will need to be available to attend our Discovery Day in person at one of our UK offices (depending on Government guidance).
- If you meet the description above, we will send you an online coding test created by our engineers. This will give you an idea of some real life Skyscanner problems. You will have 7 days to complete this test
- If you pass the coding test, you will be progressed to the second stage which is a telephone interview
- If the interview is successful, we will invite you to a Discovery Day in one of our offices
Please state in your cover letter your preferred location.
In return, you’ll get the freedom and flexibility to work in other countries each year, as well as the opportunity to work from our other offices across the world
This year the majority of our roles will be based in Scotland.
Our programme kicks off on 5 September 2022.
You’ll join a brilliantly diverse group from all corners of the world. After all, travel is about finding new perspectives and experiencing new people and cultures – and Skyscanner is strongest when our teams are both inclusive and diverse. We recognise and challenge everyday biases, remove obstacles to inclusion and ensure all our people can thrive and be themselves.
Scotland (Edinburgh, Glasgow)
Edinburgh and Lothian, Glasgow