2022 Finance MBA Summer Internship
Apply by: 16.01.2022
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s negotiating with some of our largest global partners or crafting next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career. Find your place in finance on #TeamAmex.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info
Finance is at the centre of all key business decisions, providing decision support, funding, reporting and transaction services that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the foremost finance organizations in the world.
Whether you’re working with a business unit concentrated on consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact. It sounds exciting because it is.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will work on an ambitious project, learn about the culture and values of American Express, as well as network across regions and functions.
- Develop relationships across a global matrix organization
- Utilise big data and SQL to understand American Express Card Member spending behaviour in certain industries, across different markets and among certain merchants to identify growth opportunities
- Use American Express big data to address problems and influence executive decision-making
- Develop new data analytics and tools in order to drive scalable insights and business strategy
- Provide decision support on investment strategies for products, identification of key market drivers for business generation and business profitability, and resource allocation
- Work closely with business and Finance management and their teams to build a comprehensive understanding of the business and its evolving needs.
Do you have the ability to manipulate large amounts of data, spot trends & generate purposeful insights?
Critical Thinking Skills
Can you demonstrate thought leadership, innovative thinking & question the status quo?
Can you synthesize data into an easy-to-understand story & articulate key messages across multiple audiences?
Do you have a positive, can-do attitude? Can you adapt to change? Are you a highly motivated self-starter?
Do you act & lead with courage? Can you establish relationships, make decisions quickly & influence change?
We want proficient individuals with a broad set of experiences. Past interns have had experience in finance, accounting, consulting, marketing, business analytics and more. Know how to use SAS, SQL, Hive or Python? Have artificial intelligence and predictive modelling experience? Are you a gifted project manager? There’s a job in Finance at American Express for you.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
1. Click on the link below and select “Apply Now”
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application (CV and Cover Letter)
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the UK is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.