2022 General Insurance Actuarial Full-Time Analyst Program
Apply by: 12.12.2021
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Actuarial professionals have a pivotal role in driving the results at AIG, and are integral to AIG’s success with their expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in ensuring the financial condition of AIG’s major regulated and rated insurance operating companies around the world.
Specifically, the Finance Actuarial team is responsible for reserving and valuation of liabilities; assessing the soundness of regulatory and rating agency; capital and assessment of insurance capital needs. Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries dedicated directly to support AIG’s businesses are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, and assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve business objectives.
Full-Time Analyst Description
At AIG, we are constantly working to ensure that all employees have the training and skills they need to have a rewarding and successful career. Designed with that commitment at its core, our Early Career program provides a platform for participants to launch or accelerate their careers. Through a range of approaches including innovative experiential learning and technical training, performance assessments, formalized mentoring, and exposure to senior leaders, our Early Career program offers unparalleled development opportunities for our diverse early career talent. Whether you’re a recent university graduate or someone with less than two years of work experience, the program is designed to evolve with the rapid pace of technological advancements and changing employee preferences to ensure that today’s participants become leaders capable of conquering tomorrow’s challenges.
- Minimum 2.1 degree classification
- Pursuant of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, graduating in 2022
- Completed one or more Actuarial Exam(s) prior to the Analyst Program (July 2022)
- AIG seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills, and are enthusiastic about and committed to the insurance industry.
- The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility).
- We also look for a diverse background of experience, culture, and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a record of successful teamwork.
How to Apply
In order to be considered, an online application including CV is required.