In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. By combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create, we’re transforming the world around us.
This is an exciting engineering graduate programme designed to create the next generation of aspiring engineering leaders for Thales in the UK. We are looking for people with a passion for engineering combined with an inquisitive mind and an intrinsic interest in people, leadership and success through teamwork. If you are looking for a broad learning experience, Thales will offer you extensive development and challenges, and support you with a unique level of exposure within our business so that you can you can drive your career progression at the rate right for you.
This is a four-year rotational programme, split into two halves:
- For the first two years, you will complete two, one year long placements. Rotating across Thales sites around the country, across the different business units experiencing the engineering lifecycle. You will be assigned to a new or existing program where you will work with and be supported by other engineers to design and develop engineering solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
- In the second part of the scheme, you will complete a further two, one year long placements to allow you to start building and consolidating your knowledge in your chosen area.
During your time on the programme, you will be under the sponsorship and guidance of the Engineering Leadership team.
As well as the knowledge gained through your business placements and as part of our commitment to nurture talent, you’ll complete a Postgraduate Engineer Apprenticeship ‘Management in an Engineering Context’ with our dedicated partner Cranfield University. The learning will be brought to you remotely and will support towards professional accreditation.
Flexibility on your location is required for this role. Our main sites are: Crawley, Glasgow, Bristol, Belfast, Reading, Cheadle, London and Templecombe.
Educational requirements: (Hardware)
You will have gained or be on track to achieve a bachelor’s degree in one of the following subject areas:
- Systems Engineering (BEng or MEng)
- Electrical, Electronics or Communications Engineering (BEng or MEng),
- Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering (BEng or MEng)
- Manufacturing Engineering (BEng or MEng)
- Design, Manufacturing & Engineering Management (BEng or MEng)
- Mathematics or Physics (BSc or MSc)
- Computer or Data Science (BSc or MSc)
This programme is a great opportunity to work in one of the world’s leading engineering organisations and develop a long-term career building engineering solutions together, safer, everywhere.
Please note that Graduate Development Programme (GDP) activities take place during the working week but may require the investment of some personal time for travel and follow-up activities. You may have the opportunity to travel to Thales and non-Thales sites throughout the UK when participating in GDP activities.