We are hiring an ambitious Graduate Planner to join our Planning and Development division in Oxford, Summertown. This is a varied and interesting graduate role providing support the Planning and Development team with planning applications and projects whilst working towards achieving MRTPI qualification through the APC Structured Training Scheme.
- Liaising and communicating with clients and managing and developing client relationships
- Fielding enquiries from prospective clients, reviewing and assessing their proposals and preparing fee proposals for them
- Providing professional planning advice to clients on a variety of planning matters
- Undertaking the necessary research to prepare site appraisals
- Briefing, liaising with and managing external consultants responsible for producing work to support clients’ planning applications and appeals
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of a variety of different types of planning application
- Negotiating with local authorities and consultees on behalf of clients in the preparation and management of planning applications, appeals and representations
- Preparing and assisting with planning appeals via the written representations, informal hearing and public inquiry procedures
- Making representations on behalf of clients to Local Plan consultations and representing clients through the public examination process
- Managing own fee income by monitoring progress towards targets ensuring timely invoicing of work
What does it take to be successful?
You must have an RTPI recognised degree or willing to study towards an RTPI accredited degree, you will also have experience within a Planning & Development team ideally gained through work experience or placements. It is essential that you have a full UK driving license.
Our promise to you
From day one of our scheme you will be invested in. We offer a structured training programme, an APC supervisor or counsellor, and regular assessments to ensure you achieve the full level of competency required for your APC. In addition, we pay your APC registration fee and your first APC final assessment, and offer up to five days study leave.
Why choose us
We offer a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, flexible benefits, referral schemes and generous annual leave.
As an equal opportunity employer, with the Investors in People Gold accreditation, we are dedicated to driving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learning and development is important to us; we encourage everyone to continue developing to optimise their performance and fulfil their potential. We have an agile flexible working policy; many of our team work flexibly, we would be happy to talk to you about how this could work for you. We enjoy what we do, and we do it well, which is why 80% of our business comes from repeat clients.
Since 1855, Carter Jonas has grown to be one of the largest and most respected property consultancies in the UK with a network of 34 offices across England and Wales, employing more than 950 partners and employees.
Our tailored service and Simply Better Advice have enabled us to forge lasting, intelligent and trusting partnerships with our clients. These long-standing relationships are our most important and most closely protected asset. From private landowners to local authorities, pension funds to farmers – our universe of client experience is among the most varied in UK property.
We employ the very best people. We are a place where people want to work, and our culture is both collaborative and business minded. We have experts in every field who deliver long term advice that enhances our clients’ future prosperity.
Ahead of the curve, we are pioneering in the use of technology within the property industry, making Carter Jonas a hugely exciting place to work.
- Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity, and warmth
- Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we are accountable
- Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm