We provide a full spectrum of project management services, whether it is advising a client on a new and evolving idea, preparing a business case or developing an organisational framework capable of delivering huge business transformation.
Client focus is at the heart of what we do. Our first step is to identify and fully understand what our clients are trying to achieve – we get under the skin of their vision, goals and values so we can realise them in the project or programme.
As an agile, focused and flexible partner we adopt a value-driven strategy to define and articulate project objectives, before identifying the most effective means to deliver.
Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion. In every decision we make, we challenge and work diligently to find the most efficient and cost-effective outcome.
With this focus built into our DNA, we are not afraid to ask the right questions and provoke new ideas and ways of thinking to deliver the most beneficial outcomes.
As a Project Manager, you will work closely with clients and consultants, taking time to fully understand our clients’ needs. Your responsibilities will include, but aren’t limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparation of tender documents
- Contributing to Project Execution Plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress, and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and look to mitigate where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the project manager
You will be based at one of our client’s offices but may also spend a lot of your time at client construction sites. You will gain experience in all aspects of the construction process from initial design, through construction, commissioning, handover, and ongoing operations management. You will be provided with a bedrock of experience that will help launch your career.
This role is most suited to Civil Engineering graduates looking for a project management role within utilities.
- An engineering-related undergraduate degree (expected or obtained) - Civil Engineering is preferred, however other engineering degrees will be considered
- GCSE grade 4/C in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a renewable energy and a career in the built environment
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the roles and responsibilities of project teams
- Ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload