Risk managers at Mace utilise their knowledge and experience to implement robust project risk management frameworks to manage risk and uncertainty effectively across capital projects and programmes securing alignment with industry best practice. The most effective way to manage risk is to identify, analyse and evaluate whether the risk should be treated in order to bring it to an acceptable or tolerable level. Our Risk Practitioners communicate and consult with stakeholders, monitor and review.
As a graduate working in Risk Management, you will be involved in the setting up, management and implementation of risk management processes that influence the desired outcomes of a project or programme through effective and informed decision making. You will be assisting Senior Risk Managers and project personnel with a variety of responsibilities.
These will include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, analysing and presenting risk information and data
- Establishing and updating project risk registers
- Establishing and running routine reports against associated metrics
- Defining risk procedures and establishing framework documents
- Creating and delivering training
- Maintaining all relevant project documents
- Interacting with key project stakeholders, including clients and project controls personnel
- Providing general support and assistance to senior colleagues.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained). Construction-related, numerical and risk management degrees are preferred, but we will consider high quality applications from students who have studied other subjects.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry / field of risk management.
In addition to the minimum requirements you are required to have a number of skills including:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Numerical skills and the ability to analyse data
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy
- A drive to deliver results