2022 Graduate Scheme - Corporate Finance, Tax Advisory
What we do:
We help our clients develop efficient and cost-effective tax structures and manage their tax risk and processes. Our advice ranges from tax compliance to advising on international structuring, transactions, employment taxes, VAT, R&D expenditure and tax technology.
We provide corporate tax advisory services to FTSE 100 and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. We are an independent expert tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are experts in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and also includes valuation, technology experts and economists.
What you will do:
Typical projects include tax compliance and reporting, transaction structuring (both domestic and cross-border), group reorganisations, and other specialist services including consulting on transfer pricing and R&D tax incentives.
- Work alongside more senior colleagues to advise clients
- Prepare tax computations, clerical assistance to the team and advising and providing ongoing compliance services to clients
- Calculate tax liabilities
- Research new areas of tax legislation and case law
- Draft reports
- Attend advisory meetings
- Assist in transaction support and project management
What we offer you:
You will undertake a variety of high profile projects as part of a stimulating graduate career and gain valuable technical skills and professional qualifications. You will get the opportunity to work across different areas in tax in your time as a graduate, gaining experience in compliance and advisory work across different tax specialisms and industry sectors. You will be working with the senior members of the team from the outset, giving you the opportunity to learn directly from highly experienced tax professionals at a very early stage of your career.
We offer a range of training and development opportunities from an induction programme introducing the key technical aspects of the job to in house and external training and sponsorship for professional qualifications such as the CTA (Chartered Tax Advisor) and ACA (Chartered Accountant). Career progression is along a clearly defined route, with regular appraisals and professional guidance.
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualified to a degree level (2.1) or equivalent (any degree)
- A in GCSE Mathematics
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied and dynamic workload under pressure
- An analytical and methodical approach
- Good commercial grounding and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Team player but highly self-motivated with a strong ability to take the initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Resilient under pressure, ability to work to tight deadlines and remain focused
- A genuine interest in the Corporate Tax market place and be familiar with recent industry developments and news worthy events
- The drive and spirit to progress and fulfil your full potential
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
200 Aldersgate Aldersgate Street London EC1A 4HD