2022 Graduate Scheme - Economic & Financial Consulting
What we do:
Our team of consultants come from a wide variety for academic backgrounds. At FTI they develop skills in economics and finance as well as drawing on their problem solving and analytical skills to answer a range of questions for high-profile clients.
We specialise in two main areas:
- Providing valuation advice about anything from large public companies to patents and trademarks. We do all types of work, but in particular we are the leading firm in advising on valuation issues before courts and tribunals all around the world; and
- Economic regulatory advice, where we apply economic theory and in-depth experience to offer advice to both regulators and regulated companies on a wide range of issues.
We have offices in cities across the world, with more than 250 staff worldwide. In London, our EFC practice has more than 150 people and each year we look to recruit at least 15 graduates from any degree background.
Examples of the questions our clients ask us:
- What impact did Uber have on the earnings of Black Cab drivers in London?
- What is a fair way to distribute money to artists from steaming service royalties?
- How much extra cost did the NHS incur because a generic drug was kept off the UK market by an invalid patent?
- How much is the brand name of a premiership football club worth?
- What is the value of an airport in South Africa?
- Do US stock exchanges undervalue Chinese companies?
- As part of the Foskett Panel, how much compensation should business owners receive after they were wrongly made to close by Lloyds Bank?
- Does an econometric analysis of a European bank’s share price indicate that it was affected by the release of inside information?
- How large are the benefits of subsidising rural broadband networks in Europe?
What you will do:
Our graduates play a key role in our project teams by performing industry research and developing the knowledge and experience to perform detailed economic analysis and financial modelling to solve interesting questions. They benefit significantly from working closely with managers and other team members in small teams, as well as from direct exposure to some of the top experts in the industry.
After comprehensive training, some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Preparing and reviewing financial models, using Excel and financial databases such as Bloomberg and CapitalIQ
- Using statistical software packages to perform econometric analysis of industry and market data
- Researching companies, markets or geographies to understand what industry features are relevant to the project
- Reviewing the regulatory landscape and drawing parallels with our client’s industry
- Summarising your work in emails or memos, clearly presenting your results and drawing out the implications
- Taking responsibility for the quality of the final product
What we offer you:
As a graduate you will have the opportunity to apply your intelligence and critical thinking skills to stimulating economic, financial and business issues across many different industries.
You will be supported through professional qualifications to become a Chartered Accountant (ACA) or a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). In addition, we have a comprehensive in-house learning and development programme. As you take on new responsibilities, your training will help you develop into an effective and professional consultant.
You will receive a competitive starting salary of at least £40,000, a sign on bonus of £3,000, annual performance-based bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package. From there, we offer a well-defined career path with regular appraisals and opportunities for accelerated promotion for star performers.
There may also be the opportunity for secondment to our international offices (in Paris, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Toronto or South Africa). Our people are also encouraged to provide pro-bono support to charities and contribute to other outreach projects.
Graduate Scheme Requirements:
- Numerate, logical and inquisitive team players from any degree subject
- Ability to think independently and creatively
- Ability to demonstrate their quantitative skills, whether academically or in other ways
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
200 Aldersgate Aldersgate Street London EC1A 4HD