2022 Graduate Scheme - Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Cybersecurity (Technical)
What we do:
The FTI Cybersecurity EMEA team are a dynamic and skill-diverse group of individuals driven by a single goal: empowering our clients to operate in the most secure manner possible. The varied professional backgrounds boasted by our team include senior national security roles, Big Four consultancy, military engineering, digital forensics, corporate cybersecurity advisory and academia – with each of these providing valuable approaches and perspectives to the work we deliver. Our projects are varied and exciting; whilst, at times, our clients approach us to help them proactively identify the critical security gaps in their infrastructure, the FTI Cybersecurity team regularly respond to clients in distress who’ve fallen victim to cyber attacks of varying types and severity. We excel at, and are motivated by, solving complex challenges and offering constructive solutions to difficult cybersecurity questions; and our high client return rate is demonstrative of our commitment to cultivating client relationships, discretion, agile responsiveness, thorough investigation and unambiguous guidance.
What you will do:
The FTI Cybersecurity EMEA team are looking for a Consultant at Graduate level with excellent technical, digital forensic and investigative skills to play a central role in delivering project work. The role will require you to perform a wide range of cybersecurity engagements in a fast-paced environment, including:
- Analysing technical data quickly to triage breaches and understand root causes and impacts;
- Leading digital forensic investigations;
- Generating threat intelligence and undertaking digital exposure assessments;
- Contributing to sophisticated, polished and readable reports for our valued client base of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and multi-national corporations;
- Developing and maintaining a strong knowledge of industry-critical trends, threats, methodologies and technologies;
- Supporting remediation activities for post-breach clients, where appropriate;
- Bringing your expertise and skills to generate thought leadership on relevant topics;
- Identifying areas for improvement and making suggestions to expand our portfolio of services and/or improve our working efficiency.
- Traveling as required to clients and to FTI office(s).
What we offer you:
As a relatively new team within FTI Consulting, our spirit is fundamentally entrepreneurial – we thrive on initiative, actively encouraging team members at all levels to own and drive aspects of our development. We are working hard to foster a culture of inclusivity and respect based on team-oriented thinking and honest, open communication. Our leadership acknowledge that team members will have responsibilities and demands on their time outside of work and will always make every effort to offer flexible and/or remote working to accommodate these other priorities. We can offer training options to develop your specific technical skills and experience where necessary.
Requirements for the Graduate Scheme:
The exceptional work that the FTI Cybersecurity EMEA team produce is a result of the exceptional people within it. Our success thus far has been driven by the multidisciplinary backgrounds of our team, and we are proud of our unconventional yet superb talent. Although cyber experience is highly desirable, we are keen to hear from applicants who have proven their technical aptitude in other contexts.
As a prospective applicant for this role, you will likely have one or more of the following:
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree from a university with a concentration on system and/or network architecture, digital infrastructure or Computer Science preferred. Please note that we are open to advanced degrees in other subjects as long as clear technical aptitude is demonstrated.
- Proven problem-solving skills and technical expertise, demonstrated across multiple technologies.
- Comfortable investigating and working within technical domains such as Windows and Linux system administration, identity management, network management and virtualisation, with deep knowledge of the mainstream platforms and tools associated with these areas.
- Ability to perform a range of digital forensic analyses such as deadbox forensics, malware forensics and mobile device forensics.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell or Bash, and will be able to demonstrate how you bring these skills to tackle problems you’ve not seen before.
- Work experience as an incident responder or technical investigator preferred. We are open to hearing from individuals who have gained some experience at other corporate intelligence leaders, cybersecurity or forensics companies, or within the military, law enforcement or government.
At FTI Cybersecurity EMEA, who you are is just as important as the skills you have. Our success is contingent on the quality of our people, and as a prospective applicant to our team you will demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to build strong rapport with clients is paramount. You must be a personable and skilled communicator, with the ability to quickly and effectively connect with people across a wide range of industry sectors both verbally and in written form.
- Curiosity and critical thinking: as a team, the ability to think critically is one of our strongest assets. You must be able to efficiently break down, evaluate and respond to a problem with clarity, alacrity, and authority. Your thinking will be logical, informed by your industry knowledge and motivated by a compulsion to solve problems and understand root causes.
- Initiative: you will be a self-starter, with the confidence to grip and drive projects where appropriate. It is important that you are comfortable asking questions where necessary, and anticipate client needs at all times. You will take pride in delivering excellent work consistently, taking ownership of your output and gathering the requisite information to generate exceptional deliverables.
- Collaboration: FTI Cybersecurity work as one global P&L, with teams across the world. You will be able to communicate effectively with our non-EMEA counterparts and understand where their expertise might aid your work. Our team also regularly collaborate with other teams within the FTI Consulting EMEA practice (such as Strategic Communications, Data and Analytics and Technology) and you will proactively seek out opportunities to work collaboratively.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
200 Aldersgate Aldersgate Street London EC1A 4HD