2022 Industrial Placement Scheme
South East +5
Turn your learning into brilliant outcomes
Why join ISG?
As the world's most dynamic construction company, at ISG we build sustainable places where people and businesses thrive. We're known for our unwavering commitment to quality and for the passion of our most important asset – our people.
When you join us on an industrial placement, you'll spend a year on a site-based project. You can expect to work closely with experts from our team, learning all about the core areas of our business, including Technical or Building Services and Design Management. It's the perfect opportunity to put everything you've learnt in your degree so far into practice on a live project.
Many of our placement students go on to join us as graduates, so we make sure you have the opportunity to work on some of our most innovative and challenging projects. In the past, these have included everything from the O2 arena and Microsoft's offices in Berlin, to the Temperate House at Kew Gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Get ready to hone your skills in an environment that's fast paced and truly rewarding.
What you can expect:
Our Industrial Placements give you the opportunity to build a full understanding of all aspects of our business and to kick-start your career in construction. You'll be empowered to deliver extraordinary customer service and state-of-the-art, innovative projects.
- You can expect to be involved in everything from leading site progress meetings through to maintaining key on-site records and resolving any issues that arise quickly and effectively.
- We'll give you all the training and support you need to realise your full potential, together with the kind of working culture that will allow you to follow your interests outside of work too.
- From the outset, you'll be encouraged to share your ideas and to challenge the norm – if you think there's a better way of doing things, we'll be all
Everyone here has a part to play in creating the best possible outcomes for our business, our people and our customers. This is an environment where you'll be free to communicate and collaborate. To be open and honest. To take on growing responsibility. And to build something special.
What you'll need to bring:
Passionate and motivated, you'll be committed to delivering the highest standards of work. As well as that, you should:
- Be studying towards a degree in a relevant subject and on target for a 2:2 result
- Have at least 96 UCAS points (new system) from your A levels or a relevant BTEC, along with Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Be able to lead by example when you're working with sub-contractors and other team members
- Be an excellent communicator – you know how to adapt your approach to different situations, and you can influence others
- Be driven to achieve results, with strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and the ability to plan, prioritise and tackle problems effectively
How to apply:
If you'd like to be part of #TeamISG – to dream smart, speak frankly, always care and never stop learning (values you can read all about on our website) – the next step is to make your application at https://www.isgltd.com/en/careers/early-careers
Build something special
ISG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Aldgate House - London, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Chorley, Glasgow, Huntingdon, Manchester - Media City, Reading, Scotland, Whitstable
South East, West Midlands, Greater London, North West, Scotland, Wales