2022 Informa Graduate Fellowship Scheme
Apply by: 02.01.2022
Informa is an international information services, advanced learning and business-to-business exhibitions and events company.
We’re here to champion the specialist, by connecting businesses and professionals with knowledge that helps them learn more, know more and do more.
Our portfolio includes hundreds of brands that are highly trusted and relied upon by customers and the specialist markets they serve.
Informa is a FTSE 100 company with over 10,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
Our divisions include:
Informa Connect, delivering major, branded, content-driven experiences, including in-person and digital events, on-demand video content and more.
Informa Intelligence, providing high quality and critical intelligence and data services to businesses and professionals working in complex and fast-moving markets.
Informa Markets, creating opportunities for international markets to meet, trade, innovate and grow through large-scale exhibitions, smart events, specialist content and data solutions
Informa Tech, helping businesses in the technology market and professionals interested in tech to connect, learn more and do more.
Taylor & Francis, providing services to researchers, authors, funders and the academic community, commissioning, curating and publishing scholarly research and advanced learning in specialist subject categories
Global Support, home to Informa’s shared central business services and corporate functions
We’re looking for graduates with commitment and enthusiasm who want to be part of an industry leading, diverse, international company. Our Graduate Fellowship Scheme offers four placements across the company over the course of two years, with the opportunity to spend one placement outside the UK.
From data to digital, editorial to events operations, marketing, research, sales and more, Graduate Fellows work across a range of businesses, sectors and roles, preparing them with the skills and experience to develop their talents and find their specialism.
Graduate Fellows become an important part of the Informa team from day one, working on several of Informa’s leading brands, taking on different roles and gaining exposure to senior leadership while fully participating in the life of the company, professionally and socially.
If you enjoy variety and collaborating with experts, want to get under the skin of a dynamic and growing international company and are comfortable seizing opportunities, Informa’s Graduate Fellowship Scheme could get your career off to a great start.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- You will have achieved or be on course to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent in any degree subject
- Previous work experience is preferable but not mandatory
- Have the energy and drive to succeed; be committed to excellence in results; be curious and comfortable to challenge the status quo; and be innovative in your thinking
- You will be flexible and adaptable in your approach and able to contribute positively in a team working environment
- You will have a hands-on, proactive approach
What we’re looking for
The scheme provides an opportunity to experience a variety of different roles within a diverse international organisation. Key competencies and characteristics that we look for in future Fellows include:
- A desire to learn, the tenacity to make things happen and the ambition to dictate your own progress, through hard work and self-development
- The ability to work in partnership with colleagues and customers to form strong relationships through building trust
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational skills, with proven ability to manage your time and work to deadlines
- Experience collecting, analysing and reviewing quantitative data
- Digital know-how, with an interest in emerging technologies.
- Driven by results
- Positive, pro-active attitude
What’s in it for you
- You will complete a tailored induction and development programme which will provide you with a broad understanding of Informa and its divisions
- Three six-month UK based placements, each in a different division and role
- Following the UK based placements, external factors permitting, you will have the opportunity to participate in a six-month placement outside of the UK
- The programme is designed to be flexible so that placements can be identified in line with your career aspirations, in conjunction with the evolving needs of the business
- The placements will give you real projects and responsibilities, providing the opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive environment
- You will be given support during the scheme to ensure that your experiences complement your future career, giving you the opportunity to work with stakeholders such as:
- Placement Managers, who will help you with your development journey by working with you to set tasks and objectives
- Senior level career mentors, to offer guidance and support during your career progression
- Graduate Scheme Manager, who will ensure you are fully supported through the programme
- Graduate Fellow community who come together regularly through formal and informal networking events, sharing experiences and offering each other support
- Upon completion of the scheme, you will be supported to find a permanent role at Informa
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Access to our full range of health, wellbeing and lifestyle benefits for UK employees.
- Extensive support, guidance and training throughout the programme
How to apply
Please include in support of your application a covering letter (of no more than one page) which details why you are interested in working for Informa, and what sets you apart as a strong applicant for our Graduate Fellowship. We will review this letter (along with your CV) to assess your written communication skills and it also helps us to understand more about you. Please share your motivation in applying for the role, your background, the achievements of which you are particularly proud, and use the letter as an opportunity to showcase and bring to life your unique skills, career aspirations, interests, or work experience.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law
Please submit your CV and covering letter by midnight 2 January 2022.