Mizuho International plc (MHI) is the London based securities and investment banking arm of the Mizuho Financial Group, Inc., and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. With a primary focus on client based activities, its wide range of services includes sales and trading in both debt and equity securities, the underwriting of new issues and M&A advisory services.
The Information Systems Department (ISD) provides a full range of state of the art technology services to all departments within Mizuho International plc in London. This includes teams servicing the client-facing business units, Operations, Finance and Risk departments.
The department utilises modern delivery methodologies & techniques including Agile, Containerisation & Continuous integration. Each team has resources to provide project management, analysis, software development, package implementation, systems integration services and application support and is expected to contribute to the change.
As an intern joining ISD you will interact with many aspects of the bank's daily operations, working on some self-contained agile projects. You will be developing your technical skills and business knowledge with the support of suitable mentors and technical leads to help you grow in the role. The following departments within ISD are looking for candidates:
- The Front Office development team is focused on providing solutions for pricing, executing, booking and processing of trades to the trading business, together with supporting the origination of client business from investors and issuers alike. This is a dynamic and fast paced environment incorporating vendor and in-house systems.
- The Core Technology & Innovation Department at Mizuho International comprise of enterprise wide architecture, technologies, and applications/frameworks that underpin the business both locally and globally. This is a very technically strong and delivery focused working environment consisting of the following teams:
- The Enterprise/Technology Architecture team focusing on aligning the right solutions and modern technology stacks to provide a scalable solution for the business
- The Enterprise Messaging Team who are focused on providing integration solutions for complex financial challenges across all Bank functions including Front, Middle and Back Office and incorporating vendor and in-house systems. IkasanESB, an Open Sourced Java platform based on industry standard Enterprise Integration Patterns, underpins all integration software within MHI and is a best of breed integration platform targeted to the Financial Industry.
- The Enterprise Data team manage the storage and distribution of the bank's core data using cutting edge big data platforms.
- The DevOps team providing the scaffolding for all software and project delivery processes, including Agile practices
- The Web Apps & Services team providing full stack web application solutions to the business
- Robotics Team using innovative robotic technologies to stream line business areas
- The Corporate Systems ISD teams provide IT solutions and services for Operations, Finance and Risk departments - incorporating a variety of in-house systems developed using the latest Tech platforms as well as industry-leading vendor products. Core skillsets for developers in this area would include: Programming (Java, .NET, Python), OO, Databases & software development methods/concepts.
To join our team you will demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, a strong ability to adapt to new technologies quickly and ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical topics while working alongside other developers, business analysts and project managers. An academic background in Computing would be optimal but not essential. We will accept applications from candidates with strong academics in any degree discipline who can demonstrate an aptitude for computing/development knowledge. These may be Science, Engineering or Maths with some computing/development knowledge. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate our core values of winning spirit, inspiring trust and diversity of thought.
Our interns will gain experience in Information Systems over a 10 week period with a view to being offered a position on the Mizuho 2023 Graduate Programme, commencing September 2023.
Applicants to the Mizuho 2022 Intern Programme will ideally be in their penultimate year of undergraduate study and be available for permanent employment from September 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to supporting equality and diversity, and seek to create a workplace that is fully inclusive.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
Mizuho International is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and is a member of the London Stock Exchange and LCH.Clearnet Limited.