2022 Summer Internship - Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Insurance
What we do:
The Global Insurance Services Practice is a team of over 200 experienced insurance professionals supported by a global network of over 5,000 colleagues. We have first-hand insurance industry knowledge, combined with operational, technical and executional capability.
Our aim is to grow an insurance focused management consulting and actuarial practice in EMEA by focusing on the current and emerging needs of our clients. These clients turn to us for help with a wide variety of complex problems, including - providing expert testimony in claim and reinsurances disputes, providing guidance in the field of Analytics/Data, Strategy, Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital, Financial and Risk Management. We advise both household names and specialist insurers in both general and life insurance across the region.
The Global Insurance Services Practice has a number of service lines including but not limited to:
- Litigation Dispute Resolution & Claims Consulting
- Advanced, Analytical, Digital and Data
What you will do:
As a Summer Intern in the Global Insurance Services team, you’ll be working with people including actuaries and accountants with a wide variety of skills. The role will be focused on people in the actuarial space, working on capital modelling, regulatory and financial reporting and due diligence, whilst also lending these skills to commercially relevant challenges faced by the larger insurance firms in the UK.
Some of your day to day tasks will include:
- Aid in the delivery of core actuarial risk management projects – exceeding client expectations by demonstrating strong problem-solving skills to addressing project needs
- Learning how to manage complex models and/or research – encompassing a wide range of different regulations (e.g. Solvency II)
- Work effectively with a diverse work force of colleagues and client staff
- Perform analytical work as both an individual and in team
- Develop the understanding of technical issues by your more senior colleagues
- Perform data checks on work done by colleagues to ensure a quality final product
- Develop an understanding of generic business strategy and the components that underpin high performance
What we offer you:
- A summer internship programme running from July to August 2022 in our London offices.
- As an actuarial intern in the GIS team, you will work on multiple projects in a wide variety of fields, gaining a large set of skills applicable to many different industries.
- You will also have access to our comprehensive in-house learning and development programme as well as the chance to be part of interesting and challenging projects.
- Penultimate year of a degree in a STEM subject or related discipline
- Achieved AAB in A Levels or equivalent
- Achieved 2:1 or above in first year
- A motivation to work in Global Insurance Services team at FTI Consulting
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
200 Aldersgate Aldersgate Street London EC1A 4HD