2022 Summer Internship - Group transformation office - London
Apply by: 30.11.2021
Are you passionate about new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Cognitive Automation? Do you like solving complex problems and are keen to accelerate UBS's digital transformation? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone who can work closely with a team of digital consultants to:
- work on agile digital transformation projects
- liaise with various business functions to gather their needs for new digital services
- support senior managers of Digital Solutions in their daily work
Group Internal Consulting (GIC) provides critical business initiatives with enhanced project design and execution capabilities and is part of the bank’s Global Transformation Office aligned to “top of house” strategic programs – supporting all divisions and functions across the bank.
You will be working in Digital Solutions within GIC UK in London, a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals. Our team helps UBS business divisions and functions to shape and implement their digital strategy in the areas of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Advanced Analytics , Cognitive Automation and Blockchain. Operating at the intersection of business, technology and innovative thinking, we are uniquely placed to combine the power of emerging technologies with a profound understanding of UBS business and change management practices to deliver sustainable digital transformation.
You need to have completed your bachelor’s or master’s degree (within the last 6 months) or at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree at a university, preferably with a focus on data science, computer science, information system management, mathematics, statistics or similar. In addition, you have:
- good communication and organizational skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- strong analytical and conceptual skills with high attention to detail
- willingness to work in a large global organisation with complex processes, systems, organizational structures, policies, and regulations
- a structured work style, confident working autonomously
- able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
- excellent written and oral English skills
- solid Microsoft Office skills, in particular PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets (e.g. joining/transforming/aggregating/etc)
- high level understanding of the latest technology trends (e.g. AI, Blockchain, IoT, AR/VR, etc)
On this 10 week summer program, you’ll be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, we might invite you to join our Graduate Talent Program once you’ve graduated.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.