Working within a small team, you will provide analysis and research support for new projects and also assist with proposal preparation for prospects. Typically, you will contribute to several concurrent projects.
You will have a clear aptitude to work both independently on a standalone basis, as well as interacting with other consultants from within our Energy networks organisation.
The focus of your work will be techno-commercial in nature, you will be interested in the energy, gas value chain and the transition to a decarbonised sector. As part of your role you will be required to be familiar with technical aspects of gas transmission, distribution, LNG and infrastructure markets.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support due diligence projects, early feasibility and planning assignments.
- Costing, planning and budget forecasting.
- Economic evaluation of projects.
- Review financial model assumption for projects.
- Review of energy supply, sales and purchase agreements, user agreements and other project agreements.
- Management of small and medium-sized projects or parts of larger projects;
- Market study and analysis of energy trends.
- Support in business development.
We are looking for a flexible and motivated graduate with a genuine passion and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this role, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one of the following degree disciplines:
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Interested in the energy markets, gas, power, decarbonisation
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Knowledge or exposure to the natural gas, LNG industry, hydrogen and power;
- Prior experience building and auditing financial models;
- Basic understanding of project financing;
There will be a requirement to travel for business on an occasional basis, typically at short notice for short periods
As we want the best people for the role, its available as part time, job share or full time. This is because we recognise that sometimes people are not available full time. Please ask us at interview stage about any flexibility you may need.
About this career path – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a structured three-year development programme which develops the strengths that we know graduates need to be successful at Mott MacDonald. It also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges. We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence