South East + 2
We have a few vacancies remaining for 2022 electrical graduates in the following teams:
Our graduate electrical engineers work in world class teams to design and deliver sustainable solutions. Our work spans a variety of sectors including building services, power, transportation, telecoms, railways and water.
As the digital revolution is applied to the provision of essential services, electrical engineering will play a central role in creating smart infrastructure, helping to deliver better and quicker performance.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Railways (Birmingham): You’ll be learning from a team with a wealth of experience who work with power distribution, energy management systems and transport networks including rail electrification (traction power) and signalling.
- Power (Brighton): You’ll have the chance to work on large scale projects alongside our teams. From protection devices and tidal sources to power transmission and distribution technologies – you’ll have a real variety when it comes to working with power generation sources such oil and gas and nuclear.
- Water (Brighton): Our team deals with everything that mixes electricity and water! That includes electrical power (LV, HV and on-site generation) and instrumentation, control and automation for water and wastewater treatment, pumping stations, irrigation projects, and flood defence schemes. You will work on intellectually challenging projects throughout their life cycles, from feasibility study through detailed design and construction support to commissioning and handover, giving you the opportunity to see your designs come to life and make a real difference to the lives of many.
- Highways (Bristol): Within Highways we have many projects where you will be able to consider the electrical installations and designing the most effective solutions. Including as part of street lighting, traffic signs and signals, lighting for railway stations, airports, ports, car parks plus amenity lighting for developments. Other electrical installations include for highways technology, such as gantry signs and variable message signs, as well as pump systems for highway drainage
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for electrical engineering and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one of the following degree disciplines:
- Electrical engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Engineering Science specialising in electrical
- Power systems engineering
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in electrical engineering through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
As we want the best people for the role, it is available as part time, job share or full time. This is because we recognise that sometimes people are not available full time. Please ask us at interview stage about any flexibility you may need.
About this graduate scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our Social Outcomes and the difference we can make!
Did you know that Mott MacDonald are Work180 accredited - which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a structured three-year development programme which develops the strengths that we know graduates need to be successful at Mott MacDonald. It also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges. We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol
South East, South West, West Midlands