We are searching for bright, driven, and motivated graduates who are keen to develop a career in Finance within a dynamic trading environment.
We are offering graduate vacancies in London to start in 2023 as part of our Finance Graduate Programme.
Our training programme offers a rotational structure across Treasury and Trade Finance, Financial Operations and Credit Risk. The programme will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be successful within Glencore’s Finance departments that are critical to the success of the oil and gas business.
You will be trusted with individual responsibility from day one; managing end to end processes, investigating and resolving irregularities, responding to queries from banks and working with all areas of the business to support global trade flows.
Our trainees work in the following areas
Treasury and Trade Finance
During this rotation you will be supporting a team that play a key role in facilitating the international trade and commerce whilst also being a critical team for the management of financial risk. Your responsibilities will play an important part in providing cashflow forecasts to group treasury, requesting funding as needed, liaising daily with banks and the trading desks to resolve queries in relation to cash management.
Financial Operations- Settlements
As a Settlements Analyst your role will be central to ensuring a smooth end-to-end process for payments and invoicing including; physical receivables, physical payables, swaps, gas and power netting agreements, investigating errors and monitoring receivables. This team work together to ensure the final step of the transaction lifecycle is completed.
As a department Credit Risk provides advisory and analysis for physical and financial transactions across the oil and gas division. Your role as a Credit Risk Analyst will support the Senior Credit Risk Analysts in the management and monitoring of Credit Risk. This includes; performing fundamental Credit Analysis on existing and new counterparties to establish risk tolerances, monitoring and taking actions on Credit Breaches including seeking approvals to extend Credit Limit’s and request cover. You will also attend client meetings and industry events as well as meeting with service providers.
Who we look for
We are looking for individuals who possess the following skills:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong influencing and decision-making skills
- Professional attitude keen to develop and build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to get things organised
- Experienced in working with a high level of trust and integrity
- Demonstrates common sense, work on own initiative as well as part of a team, with a willingness to work for the benefit of the team as a whole
- Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy in all tasks, strong attention to detail, analytical, meticulous and efficient whilst under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude to learn new skills
Academic Requirements Undergraduates
- Educated to bachelor’s degree at 2.1 or above (Finance, Science, Mathematics or related degree is advantageous)
Please submit your CV and Covering Letter. Applications will close on 16th October 2022 . Please be advised that the recruitment process will take place throughout so an earlier submission could result in an earlier decision on your application.