Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking - Financial Markets – Graduate Programme
Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking (CCIB) at Standard Chartered Bank gives you the opportunity to be more. You can be more innovative, empowered, and impactful and take your career as far as you want it to go. We’re a place where ambition meets impact, which means you’ll be able to work on challenging projects, learn new skills and make a meaningful difference to the world.
For more than 160 years, we've been providing world-class financing, investment, treasury and strategic advisory services to our clients. We've supported their growth, where and when it matters most. We're the preferred banking partner to over 5,000 clients, covering large corporates, financial institutions, governments, small and medium-sized enterprises and investors, facilitating global trade, capital and investment flows for them around the world.
A diversified product offering, and extensive global footprint differentiate our Financial Markets team. By understanding the markets in which we operate, as well as the emerging trade and investment corridors in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, we provide clients with risk management, financing, and investment expertise, while building trusted relationships across many industries and sectors through bespoke solutions across asset classes. Here is where ambition meets impact - join us to shape the future of banking.
About the programme
You will be supported and launched into a banking career on a global scale through our 18-month graduate programme. During our induction, you’ll meet peers and senior executives from across the Bank, creating networks that will support your career growth.
Our training programme will enable you to develop your technical, business, and interpersonal skills. You’ll get real-world simulations and case studies that will make our training come alive. Future skill development is a key priority across the programme and your career development, as we're committed to changing the way banking works for the better.
Our industry leading bankers will help you join one of the specialties below. As part of our assessment process, we help you learn more about the opportunities and determine which best suits your skills, attributes, and interests. Through the opportunities below, you’ll gain hands-on experience and become an integral part of the team.
Sales develop and maintain relationships with institutional clients and pitch investment strategies that meet their needs. They work across teams to develop and execute orders, bringing knowledge of asset classes, clients, market trends, and risk management.
Traders make market positions and buy and sell securities on behalf of clients and the Bank. To navigate market dynamics and balance profit and risk considerations, excellent mathematical skills are necessary.
Structuring specialises in modelling and complex asset classes and creating, pricing, and marketing complicated products to clients. From marketing strategies to trade execution, they partner with sales and trading colleagues.
Our research roles provide data-driven investment opportunities, market insights, and risk management advice to the trading floor through in-depth analysis and insight across assets and markets.
- We welcome students from all degree disciplines and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- We’re looking for team players with excellent academic achievements and extracurricular activities, agile multi-taskers who can handle pressure, analytical minds with numeracy and attention to detail, and enjoyment of fast paced, dynamic environments
- Our more technical positions will suit individuals with Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Statistical proficiency
- Final year students, able to start July 2024
- Permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to
- UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship. In the UAE, priority is given to UAE nationals
- US Graduate roles, we will not consider applicants seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, sabbatical leave, along with market competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.