The Operations Division at Morgan Stanley is the front line of defence for the Firm's financial and operational well-being, and works closely with almost all departments in order to safeguard the Firm's reputation and franchise. Operations partners with Sales & Trading, Finance, Legal, and Technology to execute the Firm's institutional, retail, and asset management businesses - via supporting and settling daily transactions, devising and implementing effective controls, developing strong client relationships, and engaging with its business partners to enable development of new structures, businesses, and markets.
*Please note that this is a 12 Month Internship Programme.
- Client new account on boarding: Ensure that any new accounts to be covered are correctly set up in our internal system
- Counterparty relationship management: Ensure that incoming phone calls are always answered
- Business Unit assistance: follow and responds to BU and Internal group documentation requests
- Project management: Follow up with any enhancement calls and projects that impact our team
- Paper trades: Ensure that any new events (new trades, full unwind, partial unwind, exercise of option, assignations) are affirmed with client on a timely manner
- Electronic Trades: Ensure that any DTCC or MW pending trades (new trades, unwinds, assignations and DKd trades) are investigated and confirmed by client on a timely
- Discrepancies reconciliation: Ensure that all economic details discrepancies detected are investigated and reconciliated in a timely manner. Liaise with BU (Sales & Trading Desk) and Internal parties to resolve any disputes.
- Chasing of unexecuted confirmations: Ensure that client returned us signed MS confirmation without any mark up on a timely manner in order to meet the FED/EMIR targets deadline
- Broker confirmations matching/verification: Ensure that brokers/clients confirmation are verified and cross checked versus MS risk systems and confirmation before execution
- Perform daily pre-affirmation of cashflows
- Monitor settlement transactions and special settlement arrangements
- Maintain clients contact details data base updated
- Daily escalation of High Risk and Ages items
- Provide End of day affirmation
* Salary is competitive with excellent benefits
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- You have a minimum 2.2 honours degree or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Exceptional excel/database/desktop skills
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.