Who We Are
FTI Consulting is the world’s leading expert-driven consulting firm. Over the last 40 years, FTI Consulting experts have served as the trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies and the world’s leading law and private equity firms when they are facing their greatest opportunities and challenges. Our strong performance and continued success are a direct reflection of the ambition, energy, and commitment of our talented professionals across the globe to make a positive impact for our clients and communities.
At FTI Consulting, you’ll be inspired and empowered to make an impact on headline matters that change history. Working side by side with the world’s leading experts in your field, you’ll be surrounded by an open collaborative culture that embraces diversity, recognition, professional development and most importantly, you.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join FTI Consulting and this is where you will do the most exciting and fulfilling work of your career.
Are you ready to make an impact?
About the Role
Our team of consultants come from a wide variety for academic backgrounds. At FTI they develop skills in economics and finance as well as drawing on their problem solving and analytical skills to answer a range of questions for high-profile clients.
We specialise in two main areas:
- providing valuation advice about anything from large public companies to patents and trademarks. We do all types of work, but in particular we are the leading firm in advising on valuation issues before courts and tribunals all around the world; and
- economic regulatory advice, where we apply economic theory and in-depth experience to offer advice to both regulators and regulated companies on a wide range of issues.
We have offices in cities across the world, with more than 240 staff worldwide. In London, our EFC practice has more than 150 people and each year we look to recruit around 15 graduates from any degree background.
Examples of the questions our clients ask us
- What impact did Uber have on the earnings of Black Cab drivers in London?
- What is a fair way to distribute money to artists from steaming service royalties?
- How much extra cost did the NHS incur because a generic drug was kept off the UK market by an invalid patent?
- How much is the brand name of a Premier League football club worth?
- What is the value of an airport in South Africa?
- Do US stock exchanges undervalue Chinese companies?
- As part of the Foskett Panel, how much compensation should business owners receive after they were wrongly made to close by Lloyds Bank?
- Does an econometric analysis of a European bank’s share price indicate that it was affected by the release of inside information?
- How large are the benefits of subsidising rural broadband networks in Europe?
What You Will Do
Our interns play a key role in our project teams by performing industry research and developing the knowledge and experience to perform detailed economic analysis and financial modelling to solve interesting questions. They benefit significantly from working closely with managers and other team members in small teams, as well as from direct exposure to some of the top experts in the industry.
After comprehensive training, some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Preparing and reviewing financial models, using Excel and financial databases such as Bloomberg and Capital IQ
- Using statistical software packages to perform econometric analysis of industry and market data
- Researching companies, markets or geographies to understand what industry features are relevant to the project
- Reviewing the regulatory landscape and drawing parallels with our client’s industry
- Summarising your work in emails or memos, clearly presenting your results and drawing out the implications
- Taking responsibility for the quality of the final product
Applications for our 8-week Summer Internship will open in September. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to apply your intelligence and analytical skills to stimulating economic, financial and business issues across many different industries. Our interns will have the opportunity to experience a variety of different projects across a range of industries.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- Candidates must be interested in an 8-week internship during the summer of 2024 at our London office
- Applicants should be in their penultimate year of study
- Numerate, logical and inquisitive team players from any degree subject
- Ability to think independently and creatively
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their quantitative skills, whether academically or in other ways
Our goal is to support the well–being of you and your families—physically, emotionally, and financially. We offer market competitive benefits (including pension), supplemented by 15 flexible benefits, to meet your needs. These include health, lifestyle and family friendly options. We also offer professional development programme, wellness, recognition, community volunteering initiatives, and flexible/hybrid working arrangements.
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping clients with their most significant opportunities and challenges. With more than 7,600 employees located in 31 countries, our broad and diverse bench of award–winning experts advise their clients when they are facing their most significant opportunities and challenges. At FTI Consulting, we embrace, cultivate and maintain a culture of diversity, inclusion & belonging, which are fundamental components to our core values. FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been named the #1 Professional Services Firm on Forbes List of America’s Best Employers and the best firm to work for by Consulting Magazine.