£29,300 - £31,500
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible as we will close when the positions have been filled.
Telecommunications Engineering involves the design of multiple electronic-based systems at:
- Railway stations, including closed-circuit television, public address, customer information, passenger help points.
- Along the railway trackside, including copper, fibre cabling, transmission, telephony, circuit design, fixed and radio backbone networks.
- At high voltage power locations, including control and monitoring systems.
We are looking for Engineering Graduates to join our friendly and dynamic Telecommunications Team, who are focused on delivering telecommunications engineering solutions to infrastructure and technology projects. Some of the key services provided by the team include:
- Client consultation, requirements gathering.
- Asset audits and site visits, inspecting existing installations.
- Feasibility studies, early design option development.
- Concept and detailed engineering design to allow the telecommunications systems to be delivered by a suitable Contractor.
You will work alongside experienced professionals within multi-disciplinary teams and will gain experience of using industry standard toolsets on a range of challenging and dynamic projects, predominantly within the Rail industry.
We are working on a wide variety of UK rail projects from station upgrades, new station projects, railway systems upgrades, to the largest national railway infrastructure developments. We also provide support to international projects in countries such as Australia, Canada and the United States to name but a few. We also work across other sectors including metros and tramways.
We have roles available in our Birmingham, Croydon, Glasgow and Manchester offices so please confirm your location choice within your application form.
This opportunity will require you to be eligible to achieve security clearance. Security clearance is dictated by the types of projects we work on and normally requires you to be a UK British national or lived in the UK for five years or more.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one of the following degree disciplines:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in telecommunications engineering through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Use of AI tools in our application process
In today's fast-paced and technology-driven world, we understand that candidates may use various tools, including AI, to enhance their applications. Whilst we embrace the changes technology brings, we also value the importance of authenticity and genuine human connection.
At Mott MacDonald, we are interested in the unique qualities, experiences, and perspectives that you as an individual can bring. We want to emphasise that what truly sets you apart is your authentic self and to consider this when making an application. Please be prepared to answer questions during your interview, based on the information you have provided in your application form.
About your development
A graduate position should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate roles, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a mentor who will support you on your journey to gaining professional recognition within your chosen discipline
What else is involved?
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a structured three-year soft-skills development programme alongside all of the other graduates in your cohort across our Europe & UK region. In partnership with Cappfinity, a global leader in talent mobility, we have identified the skills that drive success amongst early career talent within Mott MacDonald, and have designed a learning experience to enable you to develop these skills delivered through a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars, and group challenges. Also giving you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development journey to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You will have the opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our Social Outcomes and the difference we can make!
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.
From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day. Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
£29,300 - £31,500
Birmingham, Manchester, Croydon, Glasgow