Dixon Wilson is a leading accountancy firm in the UK, with 15 Partners and approximately 180 employees in total, including approximately 70 students in training. We specialise in providing accountancy, audit and tax advice and strategic planning to private clients, companies, entrepreneurs and their businesses.
- A 3 year ACA training contract, with an interesting mix of accountancy, taxation and audit assignments
- In-house training designed to help students on a wider range of soft skills and management topics
- The opportunity to work with a variety of managers and partners
- A mix of private client and corporate work
- Involvement in assignments from start to finish
- Responsibility at an early stage
- Excellent career prospects – most of our qualified staff trained with the firm and over 90% of the present Partners trained with Dixon Wilson.
Support to trainees
As a trainee you will receive excellent training and support. This includes:
- Comprehensive induction programme that covers ways of working at Dixon Wilson and technical skills
- You will be assigned a buddy who will help you settle into life at the firm.
- A Dixon Wilson dedicated Training Advisor who oversees your training at Dixon Wilson
- Support from our external tutors who provide training designed to enable our trainees to pass the ACA examinations on the first attempt.
- Informal support from trainees at various levels of the ACA qualification.
The size and nature of our firm can ensure that throughout your training contract you will be given every possible opportunity to succeed. You can expect challenging and exciting project work from day one and an increase in your responsibilities as your training progresses.
We offer a welcoming and friendly working environment. Our dedicated Social Committee regularly plan a diverse range of activities through the year for all staff to enjoy.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
What we look for:
- Candidates with an achieved 2.1 or higher and 120 UCAS points minimum (300 points under the old UCAS system)
- Good numeracy skills
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career in Accountancy
- The ability to balance the demands of work and study
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Team player attitude
If you believe that you have the appropriate qualities and commitment then please apply now.
About Dixon Wilson
Founded in 1888, Dixon Wilson is one of the leading firms of Chartered Accountants. Our office is based on Chancery Lane in the City of London.
We specialise in the provision of tax, accountancy and advisory services to high net worth private clients, including their families, trusts and businesses. We are proud of our longstanding independence and have avoided any change that would compromise the service we provide to our clients. As a result we are highly regarded both within and without the profession. A significant part of our business spans the corporate world, and increasingly has an international dimension.