All over the world, employers seek out ACCA members to lead their business to sustainable success.
That’s because they know that ACCA members are strategic thinkers with high ethical integrity, strong financial know-how and the right business acumen.
To become an ACCA member, you have an exciting journey ahead: The ACCA Qualification. Work out where you start your journey and take a look at our Start Your Journey chart in the related document at the bottom of this page.
This journey will take you through a combination of exams, ethics and experience. Which means you’ll enter the workplace ready to make a difference in today’s fast-paced business world.
When you qualify, you…
- Become a member of the world’s most forward-thinking accountancy body – the ACCA letters after your name are globally recognised and show employers that you work to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Open doors to opportunities all over the world – the ACCA Qualification is respected globally, and will help you to open doors wherever your career path may take you. It also gives you the flexibility to branch out into new areas and develop new skills throughout your career.
- Make the world a better place – Ethics are absolutely fundamental to your studies and the whole ACCA approach. Which means that when you go out into the world, you’ll be able to set and maintain the high standards the organisations you work with need to move into the future.
- Get support throughout your journey – you get access to world-class resources, forums, insight and advice all the while you’re studying and throughout your professional life.
- Develop your skills – you’ll have opportunities to learn new skills and gain many other qualifications along the way – including a BSc and an MSc.
Ready to study for the ACCA Qualification?
You can start your journey with ACCA if you have, based on UK qualifications:
Five secondary school qualifications (two A-Levels and three GCSEs or equivalent) – including English and maths.
What if you have a degree?
If you have a recognised and relevant finance or accounting degree from an ACCA-accredited university, you may not have to take all of the exams on your journey to membership. We call this “getting exemptions”.
Even if you didn’t study at an accredited university, you may still be eligible for exemptions – depending on what you’ve already studied.
What if you don't have the qualifications we ask for?
You can still join us – but you’ll start your ACCA journey at our foundation level. This will give you the base you need to learn more – and you’ll get our ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4) when you pass. Then you can start your journey to gaining the ACCA Qualification.
And because of what you’ll learn in your Diploma, you won’t have to take the Applied Knowledge exams – you’ll start at the Applied Skills exams.
How do you want to study?
The ACCA Qualification is very flexible. You choose how you study, how often you sit exams and where you do your work experience.
We offer a number of options. You can study by yourself or join classes with one of our approved learning providers. Find your nearest provider here.
You can choose from:
- Full-time courses
- Part-time/weekend courses
- Distance learning
- Online learning via ACCA-X – our learning platform
- Revision courses.
What about exams?
As part of our flexible approach to study, many of our exams are computer based. You can sit these at any of our licensed centres.
We have two types of computer-based exams (CBEs):
- on-demand CBEs – you can sit these exams at any time of the year.
- session CBEs – you can sit these exams in one of our four exam sessions each year.
What support do you get?
As one of our students, you’ll get 24-hour support from our ACCA Connect team. You’ll also have access to fantastic resources:
- Student Accountant digital magazine
- syllabuses and study guides
- past exam papers
- our Facebook page – so you can chat to other students
- help with finding and recording work experience.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!