Ready to make magic? We’re hiring for our undergraduate placement schemes.
As an intern in one of our Accounting and Finance teams, you will play a key role in processes and deliverables for one or more of our businesses, for example Disney+, The Disney Store, Parks & Resorts or Disney Studios. You will be fully integrated into a commercial finance team, tax team or our Shared Accounting function. You will support on all aspects of the team’s responsibilities and ad-hoc projects while assisting with process improvement. This internship will strengthen your working financial knowledge and stakeholder management skills.
Working in this remit will provide a fantastic springboard for your future career.
Please note, as you progress through the recruitment journey, further details will be sent for the specific Internship you will be considered for in the Accounting and Finance area.
This role will require you to be onsite 4 days a week.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- Must be a second year undergraduate student on an industrial placement year course returning to study in Autumn 2025
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment
- Available to start working full time in the summer of 2024
- Interested in the area you are applying for; whether this is through your studies, experiences, extracurricular activities or a general interest
- A strong interest in in-house Accounting and/or Finance
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Strong MS Office skills
In order to be successful we will be looking for potential in the following areas:
- Builds Relationship & Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Creativity & Innovation
- Exhibits Professional Excellence
Why should you join us?
- Develop your workplace skills and experience to help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Access to join and support our Employee Resource Groups ranging from WOMEN @ Disney, Disney DIVERSITY, Disney PRIDE, our disability & neurodiversity focused group - ENABLED, and our Mental Health & Wellbeing Group – TRUST
- Annual salary of £23,500 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Discounts & Perks: You are entitled to discounts on designated Disney products, resort food & beverage and ticketing
- Access to free support services including Unmind, the mental wellbeing app
- Opportunity to select eye care and flu vouchers
Before applying we would strongly encourage you to read our hints and tips so you can set yourself up for success and learn more about the recruitment process.
You will need to apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note, applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
For your cover letter we will be looking for approximately 400 words and looking to understand the following areas:
1. Why have you chosen Disney?
2. Why have you chosen this internship?
3. Why should Disney consider you for this internship?
Please only apply for ONE internship opportunity. If you make multiple applications, you will be considered for the first internship that you apply for.
The application deadline is Sunday 10th December however, if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role before this date, therefore we strongly advise you to apply early.
Once we have received your application we will be in contact within 14 days to let you know more about the blended online assessment.