Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access
to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted
infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies
for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our
services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team
of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and
other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
As a graduate within the acoustics team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of technical projects, with a wealth of experience from within the team to support you and develop your knowledge and skills. Whilst the precise work will be dependent on current projects, it is likely that your involvement would include:
• Contribute to the acoustic input, data analysis, predictions, and 3D modelling on a range of projects
• Complete site visits to make acoustic measurements and observations
• Undertake primary research and literature searches
• Support senior colleagues in providing technical advice to clients
• Technical report writing
• Communication with clients, local authorities and interdisciplinary teams
• Attend client and design team meetings
• Contribute to scope and fee proposals
• Undertake STEM activities
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We shall provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We shall push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
The professional institute you will work towards is the Institute of Acoustics.
BSc/MSc degree in Acoustics, Acoustical Engineering, Sound Engineering and Production (Physics or Mechanical Engineering if an interest/experience in Acoustics). Degree classification of 2:1 or above (or equivalent) is preferred
• Committed to becoming a corporate member of the Institute of Acoustics and ultimately a Chartered Acoustician
• Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• A full driving licence would be beneficial as the role will involve travel for site surveys
• Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
• Strong numeracy
• Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
• Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
• Self-motivation, enthusiasm, hard-working, with ambition and drive
• Excellent research and report writing skills
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating with colleagues, client and stakeholders as appropriate and independently without losing initiative & focus
• Ability to work flexibly under pressure, responding to changing project and programme demands
Nottingham or Birmingham