In the UK, Allianz Insurance employs over 8,000 people up and down the country. The company’s Head Office is situated in Guildford, Surrey, plus we have additional support services with over 1,000 people based in Trivandrum, India.
We offer commercial insurance with a full range of products for sole traders, right up to large commercial organisations. We also provide a range of personal insurances including, home and motor, musical, legal expenses insurance and cover for pets and horses.
We're a global company, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities and celebrate an inclusive culture.
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individual to join the Actuarial Management team, acting as an Actuarial placement student.
This role can be based out of our London or Guildford office and we offer a hybrid working model.
Our actuaries are at the heart of what we do. They influence every decision we make – from how much to charge for a single policy to how much to pay for a potential acquisition. Their technical expertise, unique perspective and commercial awareness are relied upon by other teams and are critical to our overall success.
Join our team and you'll enjoy exposure across our business as you work with global colleagues to help us move forward. Inspired by our collaborative environment, you'll make your mark on our business and beyond - and we'll support you all the way as you pursue your passions and build a career to be proud of.
Our Actuarial placement runs over 12 months and will help you to develop your skills, gain insightful practical experience and make more informed decisions about your future career.
The placement will involve a mix of project work, operational tasks and improving processes. Past interns have been given many opportunities, responsibilities and ownership for a wide range of work which has allowed them to develop and grow, whilst making a significant contribution to Allianz. They have been involved in areas such as conducting statistical reviews of claims made by our customers, annual business planning and case pricing. Right from the start, you’ll be involved in interesting, challenging projects that allow you to see the ‘big picture’.
More specifically you will be required to:
- Produce a first cut of reserving for assigned classes. Ensure work is accurate, undertake adequate checks and produce documentation. Communicate results to the junior reviewer
- Start to understand the various stages of reserving and get involved where appropriate
- Carry out premium risk data preparation and modelling to ensure our insurance risk capital reflects the underlying risk
- Contribute towards the Solvency II technical provisions by producing future loss ratios
- Conduct statistical, segmentation analyses and monitoring to input to business decisions
- Seek to improve process efficiency and automation via coding
What we look for:
- On course for a 2:1 or above in a numerate or business related degree
- A level Maths at grade A or above (or equivalent)
- You will be in your penultimate year of study. If you are going on to do a Masters then please make this clear in your application.
- Enjoys communicating with a wide range of people (written and oral)
- Is driven to help and support people
- Committed to learning both through academic studies and on the job activities
- Is a good team player
- Has a logical/methodical approach to problem solving
- Is analytical and forward thinking
- Is able to work under pressure
- A good team player, willing to support the team to meet changing priorities and requirements. Able to build effective working relationships with colleagues in other teams and across technical fields
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from – including: retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Annual bonus scheme (eligibility rules apply)
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life cover
- Group Income Protection
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Flexible working arrangements
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Please note: unfortunately we are unable to consider Sponsorship for this role.
Allianz is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Maths and related
Business Management and Administrative Studies