In the UK, Allianz Insurance employs over 8,000 people up and down the country. The company’s Head Office is situated in Guildford, Surrey, plus we have additional support services with over 1,000 people based in Trivandrum, India.
We offer commercial insurance with a full range of products for sole traders, right up to large commercial organisations. We also provide a range of personal insurances including, home and motor, musical, legal expenses insurance and cover for pets and horses.
We're a global company, but from the very first day you join our team you’ll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities and celebrate an inclusive culture.
We have a great position that has recently become available in our Finance team for an Actuarial Graduate in the Commercial Lines team.
We are looking for an ambitious, collaborative and enthusiastic candidate who is looking to continue on to the next step of their Actuarial career.
Your role will focus on completing quarterly reserving, business planning and aspects of capital modelling, as well as general business analyses. The role will require collaborative interaction with the wider Actuarial Team, other teams within Finance and Technical and Underwriting and Claims. The role will also require some emphasis on simplification of processes through automation and coding.
The role is hybrid between working from home and in the office in Guildford though some travel will be required to our London office.
- Supporting an Actuary in the production, monitoring and communication of reserves for assigned classes on an IFRS 17 basis. Ensure work is accurate, undertake adequate checks and produce documentation.
- Carry out premium risk data preparation and modelling to ensure our insurance risk capital reflects the underlying risk
- Conduct statistical, segmentation analyses and monitoring to input to business decisions
- Simplification of existing processes and developing new ways of working
- Presenting to a broad variety of stakeholders including interaction with the underwriting and claims managers
Skills & Experience
- A strong academic record, with at least a 2:1 degree in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Statistics or Business
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Intermediate excel skills and working knowledge of other Microsoft products, such as Word/Powerpoint
- Innovative and proactive approach to simplifying processes
- Collaborative and enthusiastic team player
- Coding skills in particular R or SAS. SQL, VBA (ideal but not essential as training can be provided)
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from – including: retail discounts and insurance cover - so you can pick a package that’s perfect for you. That’s on top of enjoying all the benefits you’d expect from the world’s number one insurance brand, including:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life cover
- Group Income Protection
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Flexible working arrangements
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail discounts
Please note: unfortunately we cannot consider Sponsorship for this role.
Allianz is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at email@example.com
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Maths and related
Business Management and Administrative Studies