About the programme
Designed to develop the next generation of visionary engineers and innovative thinkers, this programme offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking practices that are shaping the manufacturing landscape.
Over the course of two years, you’ll experience the breadth of our work. You’ll be involved in high-integrity, complex engineering, as well as digitisation and other technologies for future projects and customers.
Advanced Manufacturing at Babcock
Advanced Manufacturing is rapidly expanding at Babcock and covers a diverse range of areas and projects.
You’ll collaborate with our production engineering and technical services teams, placing special emphasis on contemporary manufacturing techniques, processes and advances associated with Industry 4.0. This includes automation, IoT device interconnectivity, smart sensors, real-time data capture and analytics, as well as virtual and augmented reality applications.
What you'll need
- BEng (Hons) degree.
- Because of the variety of work available, we’re interested in hearing from graduates from manufacturing, mechanical, electrical and process engineering backgrounds.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Start date: Autumn 2024