AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine.
We’re seeking an ambitious Graduate Arboriculture Consultant to join our team in Leeds. This is an exciting opportunity to join an international consulting business and work on highprofile projects throughout the UK and overseas, including infrastructure and mixed-use development.
You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team environment, supporting a senior arboriculturist on a wide range of projects from small individual tree assessments to large-scale developments. You’ll be supported in expanding your experience and developing your career within a structured, friendly team environment. You’ll be paired with an experienced member of the team who’ll be your guide and mentor as you start working on live projects.
Your work will include:
- Trees surveys for planning purposes and to assess tree condition
- Preparing and contributing to arboricultural reports to BS 5837:2012, Arboricultural
- Impact Assessments (AIA), Arboricultural Method Statements (AMS), tree condition
- reports and risk assessments
- Providing guidance on arboricultural issues and communicating technical concepts and principles to clients and to professional colleagues
- Working independently or with other arboricultural and landscape professionals in the planning, delivery and management of arboricultural services
- Working collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team
- Complying with internal business management procedures, including health and safety and the technical quality of all advice and outputs
We offer flexible working arrangements and a generous benefits package. The Leeds office runs a range of social events through its sports and social club, including pizza making, theatre trips and sporting events. We also have Silver Standard cycling facilities.
We are an inclusive, supportive and growing team of arboriculturists. We provide the full range of typical arboriculture consultancy services to a wide range of clients including National Grid, Highways England, The National Trust, Transport for London, Environment Agency and many local authorities. The team is involved in a varied range of major national projects including:
- Halifax Town Centre Regeneration
- Eton College New Sports Facilities
- York Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Manchester Airport
- Regeneration of Crystal Palace Park, London
- Wide range of Heritage Lottery funded Parks for People projects, including
- Levengrove Park in Glasgow and Rivington Terrace Gardens near Bolton
- Suitable arboricultural qualification (e.g. honours degree, NQF Level 4 or above or equivalent)
- Ability to write reports and communicate technical information about trees to nonspecialists
- Understanding of the planning process and production of technical information
- Sound level of arboricultural knowledge, including BS5837:2012, BS8545:2014 and BS3998:2010
- Competent in tree identification, inspection, condition assessment and necessary management options
- IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection qualification
- Evidence of recent active training and professional development within the arboricultural industry
- Ideally previous experience should include undertaking tree condition surveys, the production of BS5837 level survey and reporting work, the management of trees on development sites and familiarity with statutory designations relating to tree
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Previous experience using digital data collection devices, GPS and GIS software
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work. We’ll provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We’ll push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme.
There’ll be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!