AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
Come and talk to us and find out how we deliver what others can only imagine.
AECOM have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK for graduates to work within our Development Planning Teams. The Development team is focused on transport planning and engineering specifically geared towards land-use and property development. This could be a mixeduse cultural hub, large scale residential schemes, new supermarket or a major town centre regeneration scheme. The integrated team provides design and planning advice from inception (planning) through to detailed design (Engineering) and physical completion, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. Overall, we deliver sustainable costeffective solutions to our client’s transport and highway challenges, with the majority of schemes requiring ‘outside the box’ creative thinking. Work is often fast paced and requires tenacity and excellent communication to achieve the right result for our clients whilst respecting the requirements of wider stakeholders.
Recent projects include: Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Discovery Park, Heathrow Airport Expansion and a national framework for a Wind Energy Company.
- Drafting reports for planning application submissions such as Transport Assessments/Travel Plans/Strategic Master-planning inputs
- Site visits to gather information and data
- Calculations and the creation of spreadsheets to assist in the production of reports
- Modelling of local traffic junctions using industry standard software
- Commissioning traffic counts from external suppliers, checking and collating for presentation
- Support to the project managers on quality, environmental and financial requirements
- Production of effective and accurate drawings using CAD
- Assist in the production of preliminary to detailed highway design solutions. Including alignment, drainage and pavement design.
- Calculations and drawings to support the design
- Co-ordinate with the planning team on preliminary designs based on modelling outputs
- Crafting of progress reports for client communication
- Identification and co-ordination of key statutory undertakers which will be affected by design solutions
- On-site support to contractors and project managers
- BEng in Civil Engineering, or BA/BSc Geography 2:2 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent), or MA/MSc Geography would be an advantage
- And/or MSc in Transport Planning
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK & Ireland.
We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!