Our mechanical water engineers examine the hydraulics of systems to calculate and specify pump systems, as well as developing plant room layouts. They ensure designs meet the required performance also providing suitable access for operators so that the equipment can be safely maintained, and develop performance specifications and schedules to define all items of equipment, whilst ensuring that they comply with the relevant client and industry standards. They also initiate control philosophies to define how a plant will operate, before collaborating with the other designers. The successful applicants will work closely with other design disciplines and stakeholders, to ensure that the design elements interface correctly, and the design fits all parties requirements.
Our electrical water engineers specify the equipment and infrastructure required to power and control pumping and treatment systems. This involves producing schedules and specifications to allow control panels to be designed, and the control rooms to be laid out. They produce size cables and schedules, and then develop ducting networks to allow the cables to be distributed. They also develop control philosophies to define how a plant will operate, and work closely with the national power grids to arrange for new or upgraded supplies. The successful applicants will work closely with other design disciplines, especially mechanical, to ensure that all design elements interface correctly.
Mechanical Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Pumping calculations and specifications.
- Production of system schematics.
- Production of equipment and drive schedules;
- Production of engineering specification documents in relation to hydraulics and pump systems;
- Working with our clients to assist them with project delivery, asset and network performance and design;
- Production of lifting, access and maintenance plans.
- Liaise with internal and external design teams, clients and contractors as appropriate;
- Provision of timely reporting to both the client and internal team lead.
- Production of cable calculations, cable schedules, and circuit schedules
- Production of lighting designs
- Production of MCC/ Control Panel details including ICA information
- Production of electrical specification documents
- Utilise Amtech, Dialux and Lighting Reality software design programmes
- Liaise with internal and external design teams, clients and contractors as appropriate
- Provision of timely reporting to both the client and internal team lead
- BEng Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (2:1 or above, or equivalent);
- MEng in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (2:1 or above, or equivalent) would be preferred;
- Relevant work experience would be an advantage;
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive;
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- Water related modules would be an advantage
- Willing and able to work towards professional qualifications such as IET & IMechE
- Demonstrable interest in water projects
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions
- Communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.
- Structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole.
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!