AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for graduates to work within our Pavement Design and Asset Management Team. This team, is the largest pavement team in the UK&I, is focused on pavement design, evaluation, materials testing and specification, research and innovation, asset management, life cycle modelling, sustainability and value management.
Our team is involved in a wide range of projects around the world, designing highway, airport, port and industrial pavements; and in a variety of research projects developing new materials and technologies to improve design life and sustainability. We often work alongside other construction professionals, in multi-disciplinary teams to create great networks. Overall we deliver sustainable cost effective solutions to our clients, whether they are local, national or international authorities. Work is often fast paced and requires creativity, tenacity and excellent communication to achieve the right result for our clients whilst respecting the requirements of wider stakeholders and maintaining the highest industry standards.
Recent projects include Dublin Airport Northern Runway, Manchester Airport Transformation Programme, Development of Next generation of Asphalt Surfacing Research, M1 DBFO Whole Life Cycle, A303 Stonehenge, Smart Motorways in the UK, Area 4 Highway Pavement Evaluation, Morocco Tangier Container Port and Silvertown Tunnel.
- When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced engineer who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
- Early work with us will typically be assisting in developing our designs through the different stages, attending meetings and workshops with our clients and other design professionals. As a graduate develops they are expected to take on more responsibility in managing our projects from inception through to completion.
- Our Engineering graduates will also have opportunities to work on major highways and international projects.
- BEng in Civil Engineering, 2:2 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:2 (or equivalent),
- BEng in General Engineering
- MEng in General Engineering
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- Basic computer skills on Word and Excel are essential
- Good report writing skills is beneficial.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK & Ireland. We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multidisciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!