AECOM operates to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
As a Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK for graduates to work within our Ports and Marine Teams. The Ports and Marine team in the UK is focused on delivering large scale port infrastructure projects in Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. We aim to facilitate the movement of materials, minerals and products through the design, development, refurbishment and construction of ports, port infrastructure, bulk/container terminals and coastal structures around the world.
The UK Ports and Marine Team are delivering some of the biggest and complex infrastructure port projects worldwide for some of the largest companies in the world. Currently, one of our landmark projects is New Doha (Hamad) Port project Qatar, which is a US$7 billion greenfield port development where AECOM are a Project Management Consultant. We are also working for a list of major global clients such as DP World and APMT in UAE, Morocco, Pakistan, Mexico and Ghana and have just been awarded the global Shell Early Implementation Works (EIW) framework.
As a graduate you will be involved in :
- Undertaking coastal management studies, including SMP's, strategies, and StAR/PARs
- Coastal hydrodynamic modelling using the MIKE software suite
- Overtopping assessments using the Eurotop manual
- Benefit/cost analysis in accordance with current best practice guidance
- UK coastal management policies, current Defra and EA FCERM guidance.
- Inspection, feasibility studies and detailed design relating to coast protection and sea defence structures e.g. revetments, rock armour, breakwaters, and embankments.
- Design of maritime structures e.g. quay walls, jetties, pontoons, mooring dolphins, piers, berthing structures, steel sheet piling, lock and dock gates.
- Economic assessment in a coastal management scenario
- BEng in Civil, Structural, Maritime, Coastal Engineering or Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil, Structural, Maritime, Coastal Engineering or Naval Architecture/Ocean Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- A final year project related to Port, Marine or Coastal Engineering would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel)
- Familiarity with the coast protection manual would be an advantage
- Appreciation of ship simulation and port planning would be an advantage
- An understanding of the technical aspects of coastal process behaviour would be an advantage
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK & Ireland. We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!