AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK for graduates to work within our Technology Services Teams. We have an established track record of delivering innovative technology solutions within the Transportation sector. We’re involved with work ranging from concept, feasibility and preliminary design of urban traffic signalling and smart roads schemes and the implementation of a wide range of technology projects supporting other parts of AECOM. The bulk of our portfolio is UK based, from the private and public sector and numerous public transport operators, but we also share our knowledge and get involved on a global scale, in particular in Europe, the Middle East and Australasia.
Examples of recent projects include:
- Connective and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV), Cooperative ITS (C-ITS) and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) projects
- Development and testing of a prototype system to support the display of traffic management information on a purpose built App
- Assisting Road Authorities to deliver sustainable technology, with tasks ranging from electric vehicle charging infrastructure, solar farms, solar panels on noise barriers and ‘greening’ depots
- Identifying strategic approach and production of ITS action plans for Local Authorities
- Planning, design and implementation of Control Centres and back office control systems
- Evaluation of weather-related road condition monitoring systems mounted on vehicles
- Input to Highways England transformational strategy
- Planning, design and implementation of Speed Enforcement Systems
- Planning, design and implementation of various ITS applications and IP telecommunication systems
- Planning, design and implementation of Smart Motorways schemes
As a Graduate Technology Services Consultant you will be expected to provide engineering and technical support to various projects on time, within budget and to the quality required. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the production, checking and delivery of ITS projects in accordance with the relevant standards and Client specification. This will include but not limited to:
- Project Bids;
- Feasibility Studies;
- Site Investigations;
- Detailed Design Drawings;
- Design Calculations;
- Technical Documentation;
- Project management duties;
- Project Reports.
- Identify how information can be utilised to achieve project aims and how it will be applied throughout the engineering process, seeking guidance where necessary from other members of the team and senior staff.
- Participate in the resolution of technical issues.
- Gain proficiency in the use of specialist software packages such as AutoCAD, AmTech.
- Comply with relevant Health & Safety regulations.
- Attend meetings with the Client and other project related stakeholders.
- Take ownership of personal development in order to maintain and build professional capabilities, including identifying suitable training and development opportunities and working with a mentor to establish a career development plan
- BEng in Electrical, Electronics, Computer, or Telecommunications Engineering, or associated degree such as Mathematics or Physics, with a 2:1 classification (or equivalent) or above
- A Masters degree in the above would be an advantage
- Demonstrable interest in Technology Services and developing a career in this industry
- Willing and able to work towards the relevant professional institute
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK & Ireland. We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!