We’re seeking a Graduate Landscape Architect to support our planning and design teams.
This role will suit a self-motivated individual looking to advance their career in an awardwinning team that’s growing and at the forefront of innovation within the wider business.
AECOM offers an extensive, highly flexible package of benefits and we would be interested to hear from applicants seeking either a part-time or full-time role. We’ll consider applicants with excellent design skills and a desire to gain experience in UK-based, LVIA and landscape planning work.
As a member of one of the UK’s largest and most diverse landscape practices, you’ll take a key role on a range of regionally significant projects, including exemplar regeneration, environmental enhancement and infrastructure schemes, as well as ground-breaking national and international projects.
You’ll be supported in expanding your experience and developing your career within a structured, friendly team environment. We’ll pair you with an experienced team member as your guide and mentor as you start working on live projects.
Our large, national team delivers a range of exciting and varied projects across the UK and beyond. We work in dynamic and challenging environments, in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of public and private sector clients, including Highways England, HS2, the Environment Agency, Local Authorities, the National Trust, Universities and educational institutions. We work across the fields of development, energy, oil and gas, water, government and transportation to develop integrated and award-winning projects.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organisations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine.
You should be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical expertise to carry out
- Excellent design skills
- Ability to innovate and develop inspirational ideas to resolve complex project issues
- Assist in project management responsibilities, including contractual, financial and programme management under the supervision of senior colleagues
- Ability and personality to establish strong working relationships with other members of Landscape team and with multi-disciplinary teams across the business
- Clear communication, including the ability to write concise technical reports and contribute to conference calls, meetings and workshops
- Be client facing and respond to client requirements.
- Produce or oversee the production of drawings and other technical documentation using appropriate software, with necessary level of detail as required at various stages of development for LVIA, planning and design projects
- Assist in compiling tender submissions
- Degree or Master’s in landscape architecture or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of UK legal (and Irish, where applicable) and planning system with respect to landscape architecture
- Experience of working / desire to work on high-quality landscape and /or
- townscape and visual impact assessments and appraisals
- Fluency in English, excellent report writing skills and ability to communicate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of some or all of the following: AutoCAD; Adobe Creative Cloud; ArcGIS; AutoCAD Civils 3D; Revit; and ProjectWise
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous work experience in a landscape architecture environment.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We’ll provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We’ll push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme.
There’ll be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!