Our Remediation Services team is looking for enthusiastic Environmental Graduate Consultants.
AECOM Remediation Services has one of the largest environmental site investigation and assessment divisions in the UK&I with an unprecedented global footprint, serving clients in many sectors including property and development, oil and gas, industrial and manufacturing, transportation and the public sector. The team has a well-established network of specialists in the UK&I and around the world which enriches the prospects for graduates, allow the learning of advanced technology applications and
contribute to our best practice and strong safety culture.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine.
The Environment business line's 4,400 talented environmental professionals provide environmental solutions for private and public clients around the world. We offer environmental management services that meet client needs for feasibility, impact analysis, and operational compliance as well as remediation, restoration and reuse of impacted property.
- When a graduate starts with us we pair them with an experienced member of the team who will guide and mentor them through their initial period working on live projects.
- To work within a team, designing and undertaking desk studies, site investigations, risk assessments and remediation solutions including laboratory procurement for environmental analysis, data analysis, factual and interpretative report writing.
- To coordinate field service subcontractors and fully supervise ground investigation works.
- To collect soil and groundwater samples/data during assessment and remedial action activities at various sites in the UK.
- To coordinate with laboratories to secure appropriate analysis and in a timetable consistent with project requirements.
- To compile and interpret field and analytical data into accurate and comprehensive conceptual site models.
- To assist with the interpretation of data, including human health and groundwater risk assessments to inform mitigation measures and remediation design.
- To ensure that health and safety issues are addressed throughout the life of a project.
- To learn the AECOM quality management system and ensure its effective implementation by the team for all projects and proposals.
- To consider and implement AECOM’s principles of environmental protection and sustainability within the context of the Remediation Services business.
For this role you will ideally hold an MSc degree in Applied Geology or Hydrogeology-Contaminated Land/Environmental Engineering /Environmental Science/Process Engineering and will have a strong undergraduate degree in a science or engineering based subject.
You will also have the following:
- Practical application of geological and hydrogeological concepts
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- You must have an interest in contaminated land
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in sometimes challenging conditions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable liaising with clients, colleagues and sub-contractors alike.
- Flexible with working hours and locations, frequent travel within 1 – 2 hrs drive of home office, and occasionally further afield.
- Willingness and ability to learn and rapidly master new tasks.
- Strong research and report writing (including web based research).
- Strong numerate skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills (in English); fluency in other languages is an advantage.
- Strong quality and time management.
- Self-starter, develops and delivers work under own initiative.
- Solid attention to detail and thorough approach to work.
- Commercial awareness for business development, marketing, and proposal preparation.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Field investigation experience.
- Experience collecting groundwater data and samples.
- Understanding of contaminated land assessment.
- Understanding of field sampling and data review.
- Some experience of working in a corporate environment (within or outside of environmental consultancy).
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, and each and every one of them makes a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!