We are seeking a graduate with an engineering/geography background to support the work of our asset management team. The team undertake data collection, analysis and visualisation tasks to support water utility clients in making decisions both in long term business planning, medium term tactical planning and short term operations. We are looking for someone who enjoys creating novel solutions to complex problems; someone who is able to break down industry guidance into real-world applications and a sound knowledge of applying statistical/geospatial analysis techniques with the ability to convey the meaning and limitations to clients concisely. Success in this position is the ability to find and support client facing opportunities for systems-based approaches that help our Water company clients to better understand and manage their assets, and to develop their operational resilience. This position fits within the Water, Ports and Power business line in the European Civil Infrastructure business line. Opportunities will exist to broaden the reach of the position though involvement with other sectors and business lines.
Our team love solving complex questions that can be solved with or support through the use of geospatial data analysis. Personal development and career progression are very much individualized and can be tailored towards a combination of technical and/or commercial areas. Whilst project delivery is always a focus, we have a strong tradition in innovation, and you will be encouraged to think through and develop concept solutions to meet our clients’ needs. AECOM have access to a very wide variety of software solutions including advanced licenses.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake numerical and statistical (machine learning) analysis including the use of computer-based programmes to assist with the study of potable, surface and wastewater systems for a range of strategic planning and operational reasons
- Produce clear and engaging outputs (dashboards, reports. maps) to support clients decision making processes
- Help to review client data holdings and analysis/management processes
- Being creative, supporting writing of proposals to help clients improve their analytic and management processes
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in regulatory legislation and guidelines that may affect asset owner operations
- Working with other team members to undertake technical work, site work, and project management
- Opportunities for working on site and site visits, to develop wider understanding of the asset lifecycle
- Engineering, Geography, Mathematics or Data Science degree with a 2:1 classification (or equivalent) or above
- An MEng or MSc in a water, geography or engineering related subject OR water related modules would be an advantage
- Relevant work experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- A good level of computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills is necessary
- Experience in scripting/coding (using Python, R or SQL for example) would be beneficial
- Willing and able to work towards professional qualifications/charterships such as Chartered Geographer/Institute of Asset Management
- Naturally inquisitive about data and understanding what it really means
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.
- Structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole.
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighbourhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!