AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Our Mechanical & Electrical water engineering team supports clients with the management of their assets. This work can encompass everything from designing complete new build treatments works through to assessing the condition of existing plant and machinery. We play an important role in helping our clients develop improvements, offering both improved performance and efficiency.
Our electrical water engineers specify the equipment and infrastructure required to operate pumping and treatment systems. This involves producing schedules and specifications to allow control panels to be designed, and the control rooms to be laid out. We produce size cables and schedules, and then develop ducting networks to allow the cables to be distributed. We also develop control philosophies to define how a plant will operate, and work closely with the national power grids to arrange for new or upgraded supplies. The successful applicants will work closely with other design disciplines, especially mechanical, to ensure that all design elements interface correctly.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Production of cable calculations, cable schedules, and circuit schedules
- Production of lighting designs
- Production of MCC/ Control Panel details including ICA information
- Production of electrical specification documents
- Utilise Amtech, Dialux and Lighting Reality software design programmes
- Liaise with internal and external design teams, clients and contractors as appropriate
- BEng Electrical Engineering (2:2 or above, or equivalent);
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive;
- Willing and able to work towards professional qualification with the IET
- Demonstrable interest in the Water sector
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.
- Structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole.
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
- MEng Electrical Engineering (2:2 or above, or equivalent) would be preferred;
- Relevant work experience would be an advantage;
- Basic computer skills essential (Word/Excel) and good report writing skills beneficial.
- Water related modules would be an advantage
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!