Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: September 2020
Location: Filton, Bristol
Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
For this role, you will be assigned to the Airworthiness and Certification department as your target department. Over the 2 years and 4 months period, the scheme combines rotational placements and training with opportunities of transnational working and the possibility of customer placements as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network. This works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the conclusion of the program.
In the Airworthiness and Certification domain, we are responsible for exercising the privileges granted to Airbus by the International Airworthiness Authorities, which allow Airbus to design, build and fly our aircraft. We have a key role in ensuring the future of the company. To do so, the Airworthiness & Certification domain ensures Airbus Operations Ltd has a robust system for handling Certification approval of all Airbus products and maintain Airworthiness of the Airbus fleet in service. The domain provides essential inputs to and works with the Program Management, Chief Engineering, Customer Services, Training and Safety Policies as well as working with all Airbus technical domains, Suppliers, Airlines and worldwide Aviation Authorities across the complete life cycle of each aircraft program in order to ensure the Airworthiness and Certification of Airbus products. The domain represents Airbus in airworthiness authority rulemaking initiatives led by the Authorities, using our expertise to help shape the regulatory landscape for future aircraft.
What you will be doing
Your initial placement will be undertaken within your target department of the Airworthiness and Certification Domain, working with both the Continued Airworthiness team and the Airworthiness Technical Directorate.
Tasks & accountabilities:
- Review and amendment of documentation covering modifications to our aircraft, including assessing regulations affected and the Airworthiness impact,
- Analysis of in-service occurrence data and compilation of safety impacts and proposed solutions
- Leading discussions with Technical Experts within the company to gather information, assess Airworthiness impacts and agree the appropriate action.
- Reporting status of projects to the Airworthiness Authorities and other stakeholders.
- Taking part in improvement projects within the teams and the wider Airworthiness network in Airbus
You will then have the opportunity to shape your development on the scheme by undertaking various three month placements across the business and possibility outside Airbus. There is also additional tool and soft skill training, and opportunities to work on STEM projects aimed at inspiring the engineers of the future.
- Educated to degree level within one of the following disciplines: Aerospace, Mechanical, Systems, Avionics or Electrical Engineering
- Creative and open mind-set with a desire to explore and learn, and a keen interest in the aviation industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, coupled with good IT skills
- Motivated with the ability to manage own activities and work with a multi-skilled, transnational team
- Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
This role will be based in Bristol and will receive the full Airbus Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
As a graduate with us, you’ll be a full-time employee and working on real projects and making a difference from day one. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do.
- 27,000 + £2,000 joining bonus
- 35 hour weeks
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Success sharing
- A selection of voluntary benefits such as Employee car leasing scheme, financial advice, employee discounts with nationwide stores, and more!
- A competitive pension
- Tax-effective share plans
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!