Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Filton
- Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Airbus Engineering Structures Graduate Scheme is well established and widely recognised as preparing the engineers of the future, equipping them with the wide variety of skills and experience needed to maintain Airbus as one of the leading commercial aerospace companies in the world. The scheme lasts for 2 years and 4 months and incorporates a Post Graduate Diploma in Engineering Competence**, fast-tracking the Graduates towards Chartership (C.Eng). During the scheme there will be placements in various departments to build on core skills, develop project management and leadership skills, transnational working and a potential placement with a customer. There is also additional tool and soft skill training, and opportunities to work on STEM projects aimed at inspiring the engineers of the future.
** PGDip entry requires you to be an EU resident or resident in UK for 3 years. Non EU nationals will perform alternative development training on the job.
The Airbus Engineering Structures Airframe Competence organisation is transnational, with sites in the UK, France and Germany. Within the UK, there are over 500 engineers working in Filton and Broughton, collaborating on the design and manufacture of the wings for all Airbus commercial aircraft. This position is primarily based in Filton.
Airbus Engineering Airframe Structures Competence organisation covers Materials and Processes, Testing, Research and Technology, Advanced Stress and Design Applications and Airframe Architecture.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
- As a Graduate Engineer you will develop the core skills needed in the wing business
- Materials and Processes
- Static Stress analysis, from first principals to GFEM
- Design – CATIA tools, configuration management and digital mock up.
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Certification and Airworthiness
- Customer Services
You will also develop the following:
- Project Management through placements in Chief Engineers or other departments
- Business and Financial knowledge
- Leadership Skills through working on projects with a broad range of people, as well as specific training including two week long sessions with Outward Bound
- Customer focus through placement with an Airline or Supplier
- A broad network from the wide exposure to various topics within the placements and PGDip
- Naturally curious and excited to explore
- Excited to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Passionate about Aerospace and the challenges of the civil aircraft market
- Studying or Studied a degree in and Engineering Discipline (2:1 or higher)
- Have some knowledge of data analysis techniques
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
This role will be based in Filton and will receive the full Airbus Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We cannot promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
- As a graduate with us, you’ll be a full-time employee and working on real projects and making a difference from day one. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do.
- 27,000 + £2,000 joining bonus
- 35 hour weeks
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Success sharing
- A selection of voluntary benefits such as Employee car leasing scheme, financial advice, employee discounts with nationwide stores, and more!
- A competitive pension
- Tax-effective share plans
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible work arrangements
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It... Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!