Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
Airbus Defence and Space Cyber Security UK provides cyber defence solutions and services to Government and Critical National Infrastructure customers within the UK. Our trusted, high performance security products and services are used to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber-attacks.
The Cyber Security Analysts work on site at Newport Security Operating Centre (SOC) and work closely with our Engineering and Design teams to deliver effective cyber defence platforms and services, the role includes
- Security Incident and Event Monitoring of customer networks and systems
- Security Incident Response
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Vulnerability Analysis and Management
- Threat Intelligence and Detection
- Service Reporting
You will have opportunity to grow your Cyber Security Analyst Skills and have exposure to Cyber Engineering and Service best practices encompassing both IT and Operation Technology (OT). As your skills grow, you will have opportunity to contribute across the full lifecycle of service operation and support.
Task & accountabilities:
Main activities of the role may include
- Analysis of protective monitoring solutions via tooling such as SIEM and advanced analytical platforms.
- Analysis and preparation of Vulnerability Scanning of Management Services.
- Tuning and Service Improvement of cyber defence solutions and services
- Incident Identification, classification and prioritisation.
- Incident Handling & Management
- Following a Personal Development Plan to grow your cyber security knowledge and expertise with a view to eventual certification in Ethical Hacking and Security Analyst standards.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A degree Computer Science, Cyber Security or a related subject
- Good understanding of Information Systems, Networking components and architectures, and principles of Cyber Security
- Evidence of successful project work and/or work experience relevant to the role
- Evidence of successful working as part of a team
- Evidence of creative and innovative thinking
- Confident personality with good communication skills
- Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- This role will be based in Newport (South Wales) and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!