Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Newport
- Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
As part of the Test Engineering team within Airbus Defence and Space Cyber Security UK you will be developing new cryptographic devices and key management systems to protect critically sensitive national and commercial information such as the ECTOCRYP® range of products.You will have opportunity to grow your skills in both manual and automated test activities including design, development and implementation of test solutions to verify traditional and more modern complex cryptographic and key management products and systems.
You will contribute across the full development lifecycle for bespoke cryptographic products, in collaboration with systems, hardware, FPGA and software engineers primarily focusing of verification to ensure products meet requirements and are fit for purpose.
Task & accountabilities :
- The Graduate Test Engineer will work within the Cyber Security UK Engineering team developing test solutions and carrying out verification and validation activities for cryptographic devices and cryptographic key management systems.
- Test development and implementation tasks include:
- Design and implement test solutions to demonstrate compliance with Customer and/or legislative requirements.
- Preparation of detailed Test Specifications and Reports.
- Performing test activities on complex products and systems.
- Identify, isolate and demonstrate failures in the product under test, and to identify likely causes and possible solutions.
- Utilise various testing techniques to identify issues on platforms.
- Prepare configuration files and scripts for various network devices to simulate real world deployment scenarios.
- Liaise closely with accreditation agencies to ensure product meet appropriate Security and Legislative requirements.
As a successful applicant, you’ll be able to demonstrate the following;
- At a minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent in Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
- Demonstrable knowledge in IP networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Be proactive and comfortable working in an autonomous way, as an individual or part of a team.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
This role will be based in Newport and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations for working within Cyber Security and your suitability for this position is included in your application.
Please note the closing date for applications to this position is 10th November 2019.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities additional time for written exercises auxiliary aids room layout dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It Fly ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!