Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Communication Products Group in Airbus Defence and Space is at the forefront of the development of digital signal processing payloads for telecommunications satellites, with work being undertaken for a range of national and international customers. The responsibility of the group covers the research and development of new digital processor products, manufacture and test of flight electronic equipment through to in-orbit operational support. In this rewarding role as part of the Digital Product Definition team, you will be developing the hardware design for some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
Main activities of the role may include:
- High speed electronic circuit design, including component selection, circuit design, simulation and schematic capture using software design tools.
- Hardware integration and testing. This will include laboratory testing of your prototype circuit designs, as well as support to flight hardware testing before customer delivery, which may involve travel to other UK sites.
- Detailed design analysis, ensuring reliable operation.
- Working closely with ASIC / FPGA designers, PCB layout engineers, mechanical design engineers and systems engineers
Required skills :
- At minimum, a 2:2 degree or equivalent qualification in Electronics or related subject.
- Understanding of digital design (circuit design, VHDL / FPGA), analogue design (eg. transistor circuits), either through prior work experience or university modules
- Familiarity with standard lab equipment, oscilloscopes etc.
- Excellent team working skills are required to enable interfacing with multiple technical disciplines
For more info and to apply, please click the apply button.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application once you reach our careers site. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities, additional time for written exercises, auxiliary aids, room layout, dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!