Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Start date: September 2020
- Location: Portsmouth
- Application closing date: November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The successful graduate will join a small team of experienced (Consultant) Systems Engineers and Analysts who are focused on UK Military Satellite Communications Services and Systems. This team has been essential to the successful delivery and operation of the current Skynet 5 system, and is now providing the technical and analytical leadership for the next generation (SKYNET 6) programme.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
The main activities of this role will include:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to understand and capture the user need for the system.
- Production and maintenance of system design elements, including development of models using Model-based System Engineering (MBSE) techniques;
- Supporting the definition and derivation of requirements and architectures for Next-generation Milsatcom systems and services;
- Presentation of designs to both internal staff and external customers;
- Contribution to reports detailing system design and justification to support formal design reviews;
- Working within the team and the wider programme community to assist with the adherence to systems engineering processes;
- Supporting the overall systems engineering consistency of the resulting specifications, design, implementation and acceptance;
- Supporting various initiatives to ensure good design solutions, methods and procedures are transferrable, where possible, across the wider Airbus business;
- Supporting the wider business by providing technical expertise to teams bidding for non UK Milsatcom prospects.
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for our success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You can demonstrate the following;
At a minimum, a good Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree, with specialisation in at least one of the following:
- Digital Telecommunications;
- Satellite Communications;
- Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge of IP Networking and RF Engineering would be desirable but not essential.
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as a team player.
You will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence and Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000 plus a welcome payment of £2000.
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Please note the application window will be from 16th September 2019 – 10th November 2019
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email email@example.com. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!