Our UK Graduate Programme provides graduates the chance to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments and further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
You will be assigned to a department and will be guided through the placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) Engineering team is an important part of the Engineering division within Airbus Defence and Space. The team is involved in the reliability engineering aspects of the development of a spacecraft and its constituent parts, from conceptualization through to launch and commissioning phases. Some of the major projects where the team has had a significant involvement include the ExoMars Rover (the Mars rover project from the ESA), Solar Orbiter (a joint ESA and NASA mission dedicated to observe the Sun from a close proximity distance of 1.2AU).
Main activities of the role may include;
- Performing all the required Project Reliability Availability Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) activities whether at System, Payload/Platform or Equipment level
- Work with colleagues (e.g. system architects, equipment architects, FDIR and autonomy specialists) to provide necessary inputs at appropriate level
- Perform Reliability Engineering activities to support system design and development activities
- Perform trade-offs and redundancy optimisation studies
- Support development of in-house software tools to perform reliability modelling
- Support the synthesis of relevant RAMS budgets
- You can demonstrate the following;
- A degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, Physics, Aerospace or Maths
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to integrate and work closely within a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Organisation and planning
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
You will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
You will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence and Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you and your experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It Fly ...Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!