Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
You will be a member of a dynamic centre of competence (CoC) for the provision of innovative, world-class antenna solutions for a large multi-national satellite company.
Antennas represent key technology within the spacecraft product and are highly complex having unique technical requirements that extend across many disciplines.
The Antenna CoC is assigned the responsibility to provide the antenna expertise to company programmes, commercial and military.
You will join a friendly, multinational group with a broad experience of antenna design.
Main activities of the role may include;
Part of the RF engineering team you will support them for the development and improvement of internal software in various language. Matlab, Fortran, Shell…
Tools are to support key activities for the Antenna design:
- RF design, analysis and verification of satellite antennas performances using in house and proprietary software packages in the space environment: thermal and manufacturing distortions, scattering, coupling and other interactions with the spacecraft and other antennas
- Participation in proposal activities, involving trade-off studies of antenna concepts for satellite applications
- Provision of RF support to the test of antenna
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- An electrical engineering, mathematics or physics graduate (minimum 2:1) Applicants should have recently completed a degree in computer science, modelling methods, or systems (requirements) engineering.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Fortran and Shell is desired
- Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
- Understand and appreciate the antenna significance within satellite applications
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Stevenage and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It Fly Count!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!